loader

Talk

Advanced search

Best dry shampoo?

(20 Posts)
LaGattaNera Wed 18-Oct-17 20:05:20

Any recommendations please? thank you

DollyPartonsBeard Wed 18-Oct-17 20:08:11

I like Superdrug's own brand dry shampoo, no white cast like Batiste has. Avoid the Co Lab/ Ruth Crilley ones, they smell dreadful and didn't really do anything for my hair. I would also avoid any of the coloured ones if you have dark hair, they make getting caught in the rain a somewhat messy experience.

Bombardier25966 Wed 18-Oct-17 20:13:11

I use the Touch of Silver one, although I've barely any blonde at the moment. No nasty residue or smell. The Klorane oatmeal one is excellent, but Touch of Silver is a quarter of the price.

I can't understand the hype about Batiste, awful stuff.

LaGattaNera Wed 18-Oct-17 20:31:40

thanks - interesting about CoLab some have great reviews on Superdrug website. many thanks

BluebellGal Wed 18-Oct-17 20:33:31

Klorane is the best I’ve tried but expensive

dantdmistedious Wed 18-Oct-17 20:39:39

Batiste.

The Aussie one is awful.

BadenBadenBadenBaden Wed 18-Oct-17 20:42:32

Second the Colab being awful. Really like Ruth Crilly personally but the products don't smell good and made my hair look greasier.

McDougal Wed 18-Oct-17 20:43:19

I actually like Co Lab. It definitely does more for my hair than batiste which just turns me grey regardless of how much I rub it in or brush it out.

alpenandbanana Wed 18-Oct-17 20:50:46

The Umberto gianni glam hair one is amazing!

KatharinaRosalie Wed 18-Oct-17 21:14:04

Alterna! It's amazing and no residue.

TheBitterBoy Wed 18-Oct-17 21:18:08

I really like the CoLab one too, I find it really works, and the Batiste always left a white residue in my hair. I got a travel sized Aussie one reduced in the supermarket, and it was awful, actually felt like it made my hair more greasy! Went straight in the bin.

Tronkmanton Wed 18-Oct-17 21:25:25

The Lee Stafford one is the best I’ve found. Beats Klorane, Batiste and Aussie on my hair anyway.

leccybill Wed 18-Oct-17 21:27:25

The new Soap n Glory one is in a lovely can and smells gorgeous. Doesn't work though. Literally no function to it at all.

I always go back to Batiste Original.

mistermagpie Wed 18-Oct-17 21:29:34

The colab one made my hair look greasier! I’m using herbal essences in the orange can just now and I like it a lot.

Batiste used to do a volumising one called XXL or something, that was my favourite but I haven’t seen it in ages.

gingerbreadmam Wed 18-Oct-17 21:31:14

asda's own has loadsa pigment in it smella lovely and does the trick. prefer it to batiste.

kuniloofdooksa Wed 18-Oct-17 21:31:39

Batiste works for me. I always flip my whole head forward and apply it to hair dangling vertically down from my scalp, and spraying from behind so that if there is any residue it's somewhere it won't be seen (but a good scrumple will get rid of residue anyway). It doesn't work nearly so well if you spray onto a right-way-up head from above or the side.

HundredMilesAnHour Wed 18-Oct-17 21:35:28

The Moroccan Oil one is AMAZING. My hair is very fine and easily looks greasy at the roots and I need to wash it every day. So I was dreading a long full day at work followed by a late departing 10 hour overnight flight with my boss as I knew my hair would look awful by the time we got back to London. But I used some Moroccan Oil dry shampoo part way through the flight and my hair not only looked great on landing (lunchtime the next day), it stayed looking great until the next day. I'm definitely a convert.

Previously I'd used Klorane (ok), Oscar Biandi (ok) and Aussie (dreadful!)

Scrumptiousbears Wed 18-Oct-17 21:39:56

I vote batiste. Superdrug Brown one leaves brown residue everywhere. Tresemme makes my head itch like mad a my hair seems to fall out when she use it.

HorlicksBunny Wed 18-Oct-17 22:36:54

I've tried a few and always go back to Klorane - very subtle fragrance and no white residue. I can't stand a strong scent.

Cakescakescakes Wed 18-Oct-17 22:38:33

Klorane every time. Why are the others always so overwhelmingly fragranced????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now