Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Smudge Proof Mascara Recommendations for oily eyes.

(7 Posts)
SlaaartyBaaardFaaast Wed 18-Oct-17 19:47:16

I am turning 40 soon and it seems that a natural part of aging for me is getting oily eyes. Today I deliberately didn't put mascara on my lower lashes because it always smudges after a few hours. Yet today, even the top lash mascara seemed to transfer on to my lower lid! Whats going on?
Have you any expert tips that help avoid this? Is there a specific mascara you recommend?

I have been using Benefit Roller Lash or Maybelline Great Lash. Neither make a difference. I don't wear make-up all the time so this is not my area of expertise.

Thanks all xx

trainedopossum Wed 18-Oct-17 20:04:57

I have the same problem and always get on with Barry M mascaras. I have a Smashbox sample which is also quite good. I briefly used and loved Becca tubing mascara but there's a trick to applying it and it dries out quickly so can end up pricey.

I used Maybelline Great Lash for years when younger and it was the worst for transfer, not only on my lids but all over my eyes. So it's not just you.

SlaaartyBaaardFaaast Wed 18-Oct-17 21:15:15

Thanks trained. Its not just me then. I noticed it all over my top lid today too. I used it as a teenager and in my twenties and don't remember is being so bad. Maybe they have changed the ingredients. I will have a look at a Barry M mascara 1st. Thank you x

TheLegendOfBeans Wed 18-Oct-17 21:17:43

I can't recommend Boots No7 Stay perfect mascara enough. It's s tibing mascara so no smudging.

ilovewelshrarebit123 Wed 18-Oct-17 21:23:12

Clinique lash power, does not budge all day and you take it off with hot water.

augustusglupe Wed 18-Oct-17 21:28:13

Lancôme Hypnose waterproof mascara. I’ve used it for 20 years. I use Lancôme bifacil to remove it.

seefeld Wed 18-Oct-17 21:36:17

I also use the Lancôme Hypnose waterproof mascara. Doesn't smudge at all and it comes off when I oil cleanse at night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now