Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do these brogues look like Cornish pasties?

(10 Posts)
Tiedie Wed 18-Oct-17 15:37:35

I've got wide feet and been searching for brogues that fit and are comfortable to walk in.
These are Birkenstocks and seem comfortable but not sure if too round. I have a pair of clarks hamble oaks which I've worn lots but they've never been really comfortable.
I'm not sure if this is the replacement pair, they aren't cheap either. Do they look like Cornish pasties to you?

Niminy Wed 18-Oct-17 16:05:55

No, they don't look like cornish pasties. I like a round toe but they are not overly round. These are what I think of as cornish pasty shoes. (Though in their way they are fine.) I've got a pair of hamble oaks and though they're fine for a couple of hours I wouldn't want to walk in them all day. Those birkenstock ones look nice.

TheQueenOfWands Wed 18-Oct-17 16:08:36

No. They look like a sophisticated French dark chocolate covered pastry.

They're very nice.

Not doing the laces up properly makes me feel a bit anxious about your personal safety though.

Ttbb Wed 18-Oct-17 16:10:12

No, somehow Cornish pasty is not the first thing that comes to mind.

MadisonAvenue Wed 18-Oct-17 16:13:38

Look up Clarks Funny Dream shoes - they're Cornish Pasty shoes.

I bought a pair for when I walked the dog and I waterproofed them but even the lightest dew seeped through the stitched seams causing the dye to run and I had to bleach my toes to get rid of the black!

Tiedie Wed 18-Oct-17 18:00:01

Thank you for your comments.
Don't worry, I'll make sure I do the laces up properly smile.
Having to bleach your black toes doesn't sound like fun shock.
I'll try them on with different trousers and skirts to see if they look alright but good to know they aren't too bad.

nothingwittyhere Wed 18-Oct-17 18:06:30

Please may I ask where you bought them? I like the look of Birkenstock shoes.

Tiedie Wed 18-Oct-17 19:26:29

They are called Laramie low brogues and I got them from Amazon smile

RoderickRules Wed 18-Oct-17 19:32:42

A colleague had similar on today with dark tights and mustard colored dress.
Looked fab.

Want2beme Wed 18-Oct-17 19:47:16

They're lovely. They actually look very sweet - hope you don't mind me saying that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now