Talk

Advanced search

HELP Mother of the groom on a budget!

(5 Posts)
onadifferentplanet Wed 18-Oct-17 15:30:42

I an 5 2 size 14 with a tummy! I purchased what I thought would be the perfect outfit for my son's wedding but it's just not right and neither has anything else been that I have tried. I don't really do glam I like jumper dresses woolly tights and boots and the joe brown type of dresses but can't find anything that's right. Any suggestions would be gratefully received, My budget is as little as possible or something more extravagant that I might be able to replicate on Ebay. Please help time is running out and everything I try just makes me more depressed!

GrumpyOldFucker Wed 18-Oct-17 16:17:32

What colours & fabrics do you like?

Empire line is flattering for tummies - it’s my worst point too. Is this too dark? https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/272846091400

Maverick66 Thu 19-Oct-17 22:56:54

Have a look on the Just last season website.
Also Jacques Vert and TK Max online.

Clankboing Thu 19-Oct-17 23:11:55

You are similar to me. I would go to Monsoon and find a floaty fabric dress with a cross over wrap type front. I am sure it will exist :-)

MiddleClassProblem Thu 19-Oct-17 23:21:16

House of Fraser online has a huge range. Put your size in and sort from low to high price and scroll away. There’s lots of different styles there x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now