Talk

Advanced search

I would like multiple ear piercing inspiration

(20 Posts)
Pikachuwithyourmouthclosed Wed 18-Oct-17 04:52:09

I have 9 piercings in my ears.
left: 2 bottom, 2 middle, 1 top
right: 2 bottom, 2 top

For years and years I've either not worn any earrings, or mostly worn a pair of fairly dull stud earrings in the bottom holes only.

I am in the mood to start wearing more again, but when I load them all in it looks silly (and tacky).

I don't have to wear all 9!! But I'd love some advice on how to wear multiple ear piercings in a stylish way. What are some good rules?

Perhaps I should look at buying some of the more modern titanium piercing jewelry? I wondered about a horseshoe ring somewhere at the top?

(Some of my young students wear a jumble of all sorts in their ears and it looks lovely)

MooMinCow Wed 18-Oct-17 06:28:58

Google Maria Tash? Very delicate “pretty” piercings if that’s your thing. Otherwise Pinterest is your friend!

ZuzuMyLittleGingersnap Wed 18-Oct-17 06:50:21

OP, I really like this idea:
www.instagram.com/p/2qsxqfJeKQ/
(No idea how widely available "constellation jewellery" is, though. Hopefully more affordable options than diamonds!)

MonumentsAndMelodies Wed 18-Oct-17 07:38:49

I have 10 piercings in my ears, including both tragus and an industrial and have started wearing all matte black studs/bars in mine, apart from the bottom holes that have small but wide black hoops and a cartilage piercings that's still got the silver hoop in that it was pierced with.
I found having all silver/gems started to look a bit tacky with there being so many of them so swapped them.
Personally, I think if you stick to all one style of earring, same colour without gems it looks nice.

WomblingThree Wed 18-Oct-17 07:43:18

I’ve got 7, and I wear small rose “gold” (actually titanium) segment rings in decreasing sizes.

Horses4 Wed 18-Oct-17 07:45:02

Anatometals make lovely pieces

RiojaHaze Wed 18-Oct-17 07:46:05

If you're on Instagram, have a look at Maria tash and Kevin the piercer. I just had a turquoise stud put in my forward helix by him in Liberty, which is my 8th in my right ear.
They do lush earrings and have some original, different pretty piercings.

RhonaRugMuncherr Wed 18-Oct-17 07:48:02

Maria Tash again!

FlorenceLyons Wed 18-Oct-17 07:59:39

I used to have eight ear piercings but generally now wear four. I currently wear a pearl stud in the top of my right ear (you can get ones now with flat backs which are really comfy), a rose gold stud in the middle of my left ear, and whatever I fancy in the ‘main’ holes!

niceandspicey Wed 18-Oct-17 08:02:34

I am in same position
Personally I like tiny all different earrings all in silver
I was in accessorize yesterday and saw a pack like this and thought this would be fun for some asymmetric patterns in my ears

Pikachuwithyourmouthclosed Wed 18-Oct-17 08:36:39

Flat backed earrings sound fabulous. Where? How? I hate butterflys - horrid, diggy-in, fiddly little things.

That's a gorgeous set niceandspicey.

Off to google Kevin, Maria Tash, and Anometal.

Nibledbyducks Wed 18-Oct-17 08:40:37

My local piercer uses anatometal, if you're in the southwest look on Instagram or Facebook for The Geeky Piercer. He does some great work.

FeralBeryl Wed 18-Oct-17 09:29:38

The geeky piercer looks fabulous-i really love the way he takes the time to explain his costs and comparisons to other cheaper jewellery.

But bloody hell - the price of some of the Maria Tash stuff is eye watering (but gorgeous)

WomblingThree Wed 18-Oct-17 13:47:14

Good god thatMaria Tash stuff is expensive. Given I lose my nose stud about twice a week, I’ll stuck with Claire’s!

FunkinEll Wed 18-Oct-17 13:49:34

Maria Tash for inspiration and then I use a local piercer for similar but less pricey jewels. Neometal are good.

FlorenceLyons Wed 18-Oct-17 17:00:09

Flat-backed studs appear to be called ‘labret earrings’ - loads on Amazon. I paid the princely sum of £3.95 for mine!

zippyswife Wed 18-Oct-17 22:54:45

Can any metal be used for a helix? Or does it need to be titanium? I got mine pierced 6 months ago and would quite like a change of stud.

LiquidCosh Thu 19-Oct-17 00:31:26

heres mine at the minute op although i am going this week for 1 more higher up which i will put a small silver hoop in xx

GrimDamnFanjo Thu 19-Oct-17 00:54:45

I have just lobes and then a forward helix, helix and x2 conches. They are all rose gold from BVLA . My piercer is Nicole at Love Hate Social.

confused123456 Thu 19-Oct-17 01:24:09

I have 2 lobe piercings, as well as 2 cartilage piercings on my left ear.
I wear studs in my cartilage piercings, the same shape and style, just the bottom one slightly larger than the top one.
Usually in my lobes I have a pair of small hoops in the bottom one, and a pair of studs in the 2nd one. But sometimes I'll wear large hoops, the biggest pair in the bottom hole, with a slightly smaller pair in the 2nd hole.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now