Talk

Advanced search

Is there a winter equivalent of the Next harem trousers?

(15 Posts)
Wenchelda Tue 17-Oct-17 21:43:42

I’ve lived in the harem style trousers all summer but the fabric isn’t going to be warm enough when the weather is colder. Are there any trousers out there that are the same style but made from a thicker, warmer material for winter? Preferably as cheap as possible too smile

MrsOverTheRoad Tue 17-Oct-17 22:02:25

Harem trousers with tights underneath!

Candlelight234 Wed 18-Oct-17 20:16:28

Get some long johns underneath ! Or thermals as they are probably called nowadays!

MikeUniformMike Wed 18-Oct-17 20:26:14

Do you have a photo of the summer ones please OP?

Wenchelda Wed 18-Oct-17 20:53:13

mike for some reason I can only find the maternity version on the Next website ; mine are the regular sort but look basically the same.** Also found a pic of some from matalan that look very similar.** They are tapered jersey trousers - extremely comfortable and much more flattering on me than normal leggings.**

Justgivemesomepeace Wed 18-Oct-17 20:54:54

I wear harem pants a lot in the summer. I've got some I'd like to continue wearing but what shoes do you wear in the winter with them?

Justgivemesomepeace Wed 18-Oct-17 20:55:35

Think mine are the ones from matalan you mention. Really comfy and flattering but what shoes?

PorklessPie Wed 18-Oct-17 20:56:16

I'm wondering the same in regards to what footwear do they go with in winter?

ceeveebee Wed 18-Oct-17 21:02:08

I've seen people wearing harem pants with biker boots and thought they looked pretty good

Wenchelda Wed 18-Oct-17 21:13:54

No idea why half of my last post came out in bold confused

polyhymnia Wed 18-Oct-17 21:24:25

What about the Hush ones people on here often enthuse about?
Would they be a possible substitute?

ihatethecold Wed 18-Oct-17 21:26:58

Hush are £££

I wear my new balance trainers with harem trousers when it cold.

ANiceSliceOfCake Wed 18-Oct-17 21:28:31

Following as I love my harem pants! I did wonder about biker boots, I'm not sure on what coat to wear either, I wore mine in the summer with a little denim jacket.

Dancinggoat Wed 18-Oct-17 21:33:19

There are lots of jersey ones around. I’d wear them with a flat ankle boot

Titsywoo Wed 18-Oct-17 22:06:32

Next have changed their harem pants recently which really annoyed me because I love them. The material is thinner and they have annoying cords with big metal beads on the ends angry. The maternity ones are the same but that's no bloody good for me!

That doesn't really answer your question does it? grin

I just wear jeans in winter as the harem pants just look odd with boots and coats.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: