Talk

Advanced search

December wedding

(10 Posts)
Lesley1980 Tue 17-Oct-17 21:05:10

I'm going to a winter wedding & I haven't a clue what to wear. It's a small wedding in a church followed by cocktails & dinner in a posh boutique hotel.

I'm size 16 but I've recently lost 3 stone & im flabby so I'm not fond of my arms & sagging belly. Any ideas what I should be wearing?

MoonlightandMusic Tue 17-Oct-17 23:38:26

Hmm - what's your budget? Something like this would look great, I think but it's not exactly inexpensive.

There's also this velvet from Zara or this kimono-style

Kochicoo Wed 18-Oct-17 08:24:36

www.phase-eight.com/fcp/product/phase-eight/shop-all-dresses/fenella-print-dress/204419050

Something like this?

Lesley1980 Wed 18-Oct-17 22:22:03

I actually like the Phase Eight and the style and colour of the long one but I'm not sure about velvet.

I'm expecting to pay up to £150. I'd pay a bit extra if it was really nice though. It's a family wedding so I'll be in the pictures. Im the fattest in the family so I'll stand out.

junebirthdaygirl Wed 18-Oct-17 23:32:43

That Phase Eight dress is lovely. Very flattering and good shape for covering lumps and bumps. You could wear again to a Christmas party as colour is perfect.

BubblesBuddy Wed 18-Oct-17 23:50:24

I think the Pia pleat back dress in Merlot is far more flattering and benefits from not being black. It's a great shape and would look perfect with chunky jewellery and a clutch bag. Put a fake fur over the top and you're ready to go.

Lesley1980 Sat 21-Oct-17 18:29:47

m.johnlewis.com/phase-eight-callie-floral-pencil-dress-midnight-multi/p3309942

Is this really frumpy? The reviewer said it's great for women over 60 & im 37.

LapinR0se Sat 21-Oct-17 19:03:06

For a winter wedding you need sleeves and jewel tones, with tights and a proper coat over. Then statement jewellery and clutch. Nothing worse than looking a bit cold and summery. Will send links if I see something nice

LapinR0se Sat 21-Oct-17 19:05:35

Something like this with a statement necklace and jewelled clutch would be fab. here is a necklace which isn't perfect but just to give a sense.

Lesley1980 Sat 21-Oct-17 22:22:38

The blue dress is beautiful. I wouldn't have thought of something So plain but you are right about accessories.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now