Talk

Advanced search

The ever fascinating subject of slippers

(21 Posts)
Zeropiddledwhilehomeburned Tue 17-Oct-17 20:20:25

Sexy, I know.

Right - my £12.50 M&S slippers, which I've had for roughly a month, are starting to fall apart.

I hope that someone out there can recommend some moccasin style slippers which have a cotton (or at least not faux fur or sheepskin) lining which won't fall apart as soon as you look at them. Please don't suggest anything wool as wool and I don't get on.

I am willing to spend ££ if they would last me a few years! Thanks in advance.

MusicToMyEars800 Tue 17-Oct-17 20:30:52

Something like this?
I've had slippers from this website, and they lasted me well smile

www.houseofslippers.co.uk/mokkers-lily-ladies-moccasin-slippers-navy-p12512/s96362?cid=GBP&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-vWYirH41gIVCo0bCh0rEw3lEAQYAiABEgI1J_D_BwE

PerspicaciaTick Tue 17-Oct-17 20:44:24

Have a look at the Moshulu slipper shop.

GiantHulkHands Tue 17-Oct-17 20:46:44

How about these?

christinarossetti Tue 17-Oct-17 20:51:50

I started a very similar thread a couple of months ago, on the back of which I ordered and am very happy with these Homeys -

www.homeys.co.uk/kids-freeze.html

Once you get past the twattery of the text on the website, the actual slippers are good. I didn't like any of the women's styles, so bought 'kids' in XXL so size 5-6, which are cheaper and plenty roomy enough for a thick pair of socks too.

christinarossetti Tue 17-Oct-17 20:54:02

The mens' also come in xxs or xs, which equates to size 3-4 or 5-6, if you prefer those designs.

coffeekittens Tue 17-Oct-17 21:13:55

I have some mule type sheepskin suede ones from Aldi that I've had for years, like the UGG ones but for £20

MrsSchadenfreude Tue 17-Oct-17 21:37:59

Mine are Giesswein, boiled wool, from Amazon. Toasty and hard wearing. Mine have a stag on one and a doe on the other. They're quite pleasing.

Nearlyadoctor Tue 17-Oct-17 21:38:37

Just Sheepskin - lots of styles on their website. We wear slippers every day, all year round, all hard floors. My current pair are on their third year- I was bought some Ugg Cozy slippers last Christmas and I'm still waiting for my JS ones to wear out.

UtahGirl12 Tue 17-Oct-17 22:10:16

I love Moshulu slippers, and have converted my DD and son's GF to them as well. A pair lasts me all year, then I renew at Xmas. When I first got a pair my DD tried them on and said it was like wearing "clouds" so they are now referred to as clouds in our house!

Ifonlyiweretaller Wed 18-Oct-17 10:58:35

oh no....I've just been on the Moshulu site and ordered 2 pairs of slippers and a pair of boots! This S&B site costs me a fortune!!

poppadoppadom Wed 18-Oct-17 12:19:35

Another vote for Moshulu. Long lasting, comfy and they make you smile.

UtahGirl12 Wed 18-Oct-17 14:52:13

Haha, good choice IfonlyIWeretaller. Which ones did you order?

EnidButton Wed 18-Oct-17 19:57:01

Please don't suggest anything wool as wool and I don't get on.

A few sheepskin suggestions mentioned but Sheepskin is wool, isn't it?

<doubts self> grin

MusicToMyEars800 Wed 18-Oct-17 20:42:13

OP said no sheepskin in her post didn't she? grin

Bobbins43 Wed 18-Oct-17 20:46:09

Lands End do EXCELLENT ones. Nice colours, good range of sizes.

Bobbins43 Wed 18-Oct-17 20:47:48

http://www.landsend.co.uk/Women/Shoes_Boots/Slippers/ix-11505

I had the regular moccasin ones. Worth every penny. Wish I hadn’t ruined them by putting them in the washing machine.

EnidButton Thu 19-Oct-17 02:36:31

Music That's what I thought too but all the sheepskin suggestions had me questioning my understanding of wool. grin

EnidButton Thu 19-Oct-17 02:39:05

Oh yes! I see the sheepskin request as well now Music. Well google confirms that sheepskin is wool and this thread confirms that no-one reads an OP properly anymore. grin (Although I'm glad of the posts as I'd like some sheepskin ones.)

BradleyPooper Thu 19-Oct-17 04:10:21

Mahabis. Investment slippers. I wore mine all last winter and they still look brand new.

WildCherryBlossom Thu 19-Oct-17 05:02:00

Place marking! My white company slippers are about to fall apart (after 10 years!) looking for something super soft to replace them with. Have already told my husband I would like new slippers for Christmas (oh the romance!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now