Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Post Natal hair - help!

(5 Posts)
Greylilypad Tue 17-Oct-17 20:13:58

I am 4 months on from having my third baby and am going through the usual hair loss which happened with my other babies. This isn't a huge issue (apart from having to clean up hair everywhere) as I've always had quite thick hair and before now it didn't take much to get it to look shiny and lustrous.
But this time, as well as losing hair, what's left is really flat/tired looking and dry, even my scalp is fairly dry.
I have been dying my hair (in haridressers) more frequently than I would have after previous babies because I now have lots of grey hair shock - could this be the reason or perhaps it is hormonal post partum and will get better??
Any recommendations for some (miracle) products to bring it back to life?

chocolateisnecessary Tue 17-Oct-17 20:15:05

Olive oil once a week overnight? It works! Coconut oil also good. Argan oil much lighter and helps too!

PookieSnackenberger Tue 17-Oct-17 21:52:15

I have had this after each baby and for me, it got progressively worse with each one.

I had amazing pregnancy hair with DS4 and at around 4-6 months you could see my scalp in bright light. It was awful. That was a while ago but I use Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment regularly now and it does make a visible difference. Many people also swear by castor oil for hair growth.

Greylilypad Tue 17-Oct-17 22:01:34

Thanks for the advice...actually the hair loss isn't really bothering me as I still have loads of hair. It's just so dry and lank/lifeless looking! Maybe I will try Argan oil or coconut oil and see if that helps. Do they wash out easily?

chocolateisnecessary Tue 17-Oct-17 22:45:20

Yeah, they do actually. If it's dry anyway, two shampoos and a conditioner and it's fine! I use an Aussie intense three min inbetween the shampoo and conditioner on top when it's really bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now