Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

will this look ok ? help me please

(12 Posts)
thefootofourstairs Tue 17-Oct-17 18:10:14

cocked up . sons graduation tomorrow and not being too flush at the moment i thought i would have something to wear already and haven't been shopping . Except options are more limited in my wardrobe than i thought and nothing looks any good , to me anyway .

I have black trousers , off white silk top and nude shoes . Jacket is either a black blazer ( am i going to look like one of the graduates ? ) or beige/taupe wool cape type thing ( doesn't match the shoes)
are both going to look shit ?
which is best ?

Cloudyapples Tue 17-Oct-17 18:11:19

Parents and students are usually pretty smart at Graduations so I’d go with the blazer.

thecanaries Tue 17-Oct-17 18:13:06

I would go With a blazer and a more colourful silk scarf type
Thing (can you borrow one from a friend ?)

Nettletheelf Tue 17-Oct-17 18:13:19

Go with the blazer, and you will look fine! You won't be mistaken for a graduate unless it's a billowing gown-style blazer, which I assume it is not, accessorised by a mortar board. Enjoy the day.

Ttbb Tue 17-Oct-17 18:22:30

Do you need a jacket?

thefootofourstairs Tue 17-Oct-17 20:29:04

i think so , i'm already shivering at the mere thought of leaving my parka behind grin

MikeUniformMike Tue 17-Oct-17 20:31:14

blazer + nice scarf to match shoes a bit.

thefootofourstairs Tue 17-Oct-17 21:11:44

thankyou , blazer it is then and a scarf borrowed from mum smile

MikeUniformMike Thu 19-Oct-17 20:36:12

You'll look great. have a good day!

retainertrainer Fri 20-Oct-17 10:28:04

Sounds perfect!

TangledUp07 Fri 20-Oct-17 11:24:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TangledUp07 Fri 20-Oct-17 11:24:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: