Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

New perfume, something with fig, vanilla, musk?

(40 Posts)
Peaceonearthplease Tue 17-Oct-17 16:42:00

I’ve worn the same perfume for nearly 10 years, Petite Cherie by Annick Goutal. I’m in the mood for a change. Love notes of vanilla, fig, white musk. Nothing floral, something for everyday wear. Would love some recommendations.

Easilyflattered Tue 17-Oct-17 19:06:14

Eau Duelle by diptyque has vanilla and musk, I love it. I'm not a fan of the florals either

Butterfly1975 Tue 17-Oct-17 19:47:36

I love vanilla and one of my favourites is the original Lolita Lempicka - sweet and spicy - very unique.

I love this one from Bath House too www.thebathhouseshop.com/natural-beauty/worship/fragrant-boutique-worship-perfume.html

Fragrantica website is great for suggestions!

BrandNewHouse Tue 17-Oct-17 19:51:12

Hermès Un Jardin Sur le Nil?

Peaceonearthplease Tue 17-Oct-17 22:42:50

Oooh thanks all for these tips!

Fosterdog123 Wed 18-Oct-17 08:34:25

Tom Ford, Tabac Vanille. Go on Perfume Parlour and buy their dupes. You'll never look back!

Peaceonearthplease Wed 18-Oct-17 09:26:23

Fosterdog, I’ve had a look at perfume parlour. Cheap deals, thanks! What’s the story here...?

youvegottobekidding Wed 18-Oct-17 11:13:40

I wonder if you'd like this

www.next.co.uk/xo14668s3

I know it states 'florals' in the description, but doesn't smell 'floral like' . It's very similar to coco mademoiselle, I have to say it's my favourite scent. I haven't had so many compliments on any other fragrance.

Doggoslothlady Wed 18-Oct-17 11:22:41

Vanillary by Lush

KatharinaRosalie Wed 18-Oct-17 11:46:12

Check out www.comptoir-sud-pacifique.com/
They have a lot of vanilla perfumes and I think something with fig too. Can get a samples.

mintmagnummm Wed 18-Oct-17 11:47:13

@Butterfly1975 I've just ordered this perfume without smelling it for my sis in law and am now tempted to get myself a bottle, could you describe the smell to me please? Is there anything it is similar to? Thank u smile

mintmagnummm Wed 18-Oct-17 11:47:53

@Butterfly1975 sorry I meant to say I mean the original lempika one is what I'm talking about

Peaceonearthplease Wed 18-Oct-17 14:59:10

Youvegottobekidding, thank you. Sounds great, very good price too👍

RatRolyPoly Wed 18-Oct-17 15:03:47

Yves Saint Laurent, Cinema. Wonderful vanilla tones and perfect for everyday. It's my work perfume smile

VapersNest Wed 18-Oct-17 15:07:09

Not sure about fig, but for grown-up vanilla fragrances:

YSL Manifesto (green/woodsy notes & vanilla) or Manifesto Elixir (stronger on the vanilla).

YSL Cinema (citrus, vanilla, amber).

D&G The One is a musky vanilla and amber.

Fosterdog123 Wed 18-Oct-17 15:09:17

Perfume parlour is amazing. Its just dupes but very good quality ones. Google it on here - it's got fabulous reviews.

Lapena17 Wed 18-Oct-17 15:13:47

Black Opium by YSL is lovely. There are a few sellers on Ebay who decant the perfumes into 5ml atomizers and sell for about £6 if you want to try any out.

Feawen Wed 18-Oct-17 15:14:29

Philosykos is a lovely fig perfume. It's very green, not at all floral, with some sweet fruit and milky notes.

The Body Shop Italian Summer Fig is pretty similar and might be worth a try at £9: www.thebodyshop.com/en-gb/fragrance/eau-de-toilette/italian-summer-fig-eau-de-toilette/p/p000478

It's lighter, cleaner, not as long-lasting or as interesting as Philosykos, but if it covers "fig" for you then there's plenty of budget left for something else along the vanilla gourmand lines.

VapersNest Wed 18-Oct-17 16:38:10

Notino.co.uk does samples of a wide range of perfumes if you want to try before you buy, OP.

ChardonnaysPrettySister Wed 18-Oct-17 16:40:59

Philosykos is very green, coconut fig.

Miller Harris Figue Amere is jamier.

Butterfly1975 Wed 18-Oct-17 16:44:16

@mintmagnumm on me it's vanilla liquorice! It quite powdery to begin with but becomes increasingly sweet after a few hours. Long lasting - a few squirts last me all day. I've never smelled anything else quite like it!

youvegottobekidding Wed 18-Oct-17 17:15:45

You're welcome OP - You can't beat it for the price, its smells so much more expensive! I've just treated myself to a bottle of it today, OMG! I can't stop sniffing my wrist 😁 (I failed miserably on my last purfume purchase, fancied a change, goodness knows why! & ended up with something I really didn't like!)

blodynmawr Wed 18-Oct-17 17:20:50

Di palomo wild fig and grape.
Utterly lush, cheap as chips and comes in soaps, room fragrances etc if you need more fig whiff in your life....

Badders08 Wed 18-Oct-17 17:25:15

Dior addict

SJCV Wed 18-Oct-17 17:35:54

My favourite fig perfume ever (and I've had a few) is Acqua di Parma Fico D'Amalfi m.johnlewis.com/acqua-di-parma-blu-mediterraneo-fico-di-amalfi-eau-de-toilette-spray/p329403

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now