Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Dewy look

(6 Posts)
Cupcake695 Tue 17-Oct-17 14:10:24

My skin is so dry and no moisturiser seems to work.
My foundation is also clings to all the dry areas and I can't seem to find a nice dewy finish either.

Any ideas please? Are Nip and Fab products worth the money?
Thanks

elfinpre Tue 17-Oct-17 14:11:32

I recommend the careful use of highlighter. Not too much, just a little on the cheeks.

Lj8893 Tue 17-Oct-17 14:14:39

Do you drink enough water?

Try a shimmery primer, then apply your foundation with a damp beauty blender.

rubybleu Tue 17-Oct-17 15:26:34

I have the Saharan desert on my face sadly.

Two things help immensely:-
A silicone based hydration serum - Bioderma Hydrabio
Laura Mercier hydrating primer

Both together give me a good dewy look. The daily nip & fab pads are great, I found the extra strong ones irritating & drying.

ja9r Tue 17-Oct-17 15:28:16

i was looking into make up fixers a couple of weeks ago and one of the make up stands in boots stocked 2 variations one of which was 'dewy finish'... worth a try?

Dustbunny1900 Tue 17-Oct-17 15:37:40

I think you should try doing everything you can to tackle the dry skin issue vs masking it.

Eating lots of healthy fats , balancing your omega 3s and 6s, water, sunscreen,humidifier in your home, oil cleansing, and the use of good rich oils (avocado and emu are great for dry skin) and butters/tallows as a skin conditioner as well as an occlusive.
As your skin regains its dewey feel, you can start using products with hyaluronic acid to draw moisture in.

Stay away from moisturizers with fragrance, alcohol, essential oils (which are different).
if you're already doing all that, are you seeing a derm??
I use tinted sunscreen (badger) , or you can add a smooth cream moisturizer to your foundation

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: