Talk

Advanced search

Is mascara a must ?

(13 Posts)
coldcuptea Mon 16-Oct-17 19:36:49

It seems like mascara is one of the most essential makeup items for most people I know . When asked which is the take one only to the desert island product question a lot of people say mascara . Looking at recent one minute makeup thread too and mascara features heavily . Yet it is the one thing I always forget to use ! Talk to me about mascara and its wonders - am I doing my makeup a disservice by not using it ?
My daily makeup is very very minimal because I have a destructive one year old and a hectic routine so I usually just exfoliate gently , fill in my brows and use a subtle eye pencil . If I need to I will dab on some bb cream too and that's it . For occasions , I'll do a full but natural ish face but those are rare . Should I be factoring in mascara for the regular days ?

Chewbecca Mon 16-Oct-17 19:39:55

It is my favourite product, if I could only wear one item, mascara would be the one.

The main reason being it opens up my eyes so I look more awake, and I guess prettier (for want of a better word) with it. My natural lashes are dark and fairly long but my whole face looks better with it.

IHopeYourCakeIsShit Mon 16-Oct-17 19:42:10

It's a must for me, but if you don't fancy it don't bother.
It's not a must because someone else says so.

Bombardier25966 Mon 16-Oct-17 19:46:16

It opens up my eyes, I'd not realised how much until I stopped wearing it.

Give it a go. You might have fabulous eyes without needing it!

coldcuptea Mon 16-Oct-17 20:05:23

It's not that I don't fancy it, it's just not something I ever considered as an essential but I might give it a go now

BossyBitch Mon 16-Oct-17 20:11:06

I forget mine, too ... to the extent that I've managed to leave the house wearing a full face, including a contour (which a hate) minus mascara.

Noone ever seems to notice - including myself. And it's not as though I have great lashes!

Having said that, I'm dark, almost black, by nature (though a bottle blonde on top), so this may play a part.

Polkadot1974 Mon 16-Oct-17 20:16:31

I need it but often forget or plan to add it at work when I've run out of time. Makes a heck of a difference to me as a ginger

AccrualIntentions Mon 16-Oct-17 20:18:03

It's a must for me, I look really odd without it - but if you're not used to wearing it then it doesn't sound like it's an essential for you. Plenty of my friends don't wear it regularly and just keep it for nights out.

elQuintoConyo Mon 16-Oct-17 20:25:03

I love mascara but it doesn't love me. When i get tired it starts to go crunchy and create bags under my eyes.. I'm a weirdo!

Tatapie Tue 17-Oct-17 19:41:15

I posted on the one minute thread and yes mascara was no 2 on the list but someone said it’s top or bottom lashes only. Tried top only today and really liked it! Fresher looking.

MidLifeCrisis2017 Tue 17-Oct-17 19:48:11

I look awful without it but have just discovered eyelash extensions. I'm generally pretty low maintenance but they've changed my life!

Floisme Tue 17-Oct-17 19:49:38

I had to give up on it cos of skin sensitivity and to be honest, I prefer myself without it now. But I do wear glasses so my eyes are framed anyway.

CuckooClockChimes Tue 17-Oct-17 19:51:44

It's a must for me too. I love how a good mascara opens up your eyes. A lot of days, I will just wear eyebrow pencil and mascara because it makes my face look better and I always feel like my skin is clogged up when I wear foundation

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now