Talk

Advanced search

Best budget clothes?

(19 Posts)
BubblesPip Mon 16-Oct-17 18:37:45

I'm poor, very poor but all of my clothes are falling apart. I need some relatively stylish, cheap clothes for someone in late 20's. Help me please

imsorryiasked Mon 16-Oct-17 18:47:14

Charity shops will be your saviour! Takes some time to root through them and you need to be picky but you'll get some great bargains.

coldcuptea Mon 16-Oct-17 19:47:03

eBay especially if you're a niche size

coldcuptea Mon 16-Oct-17 19:48:02

When we were struggling I got all my clothes off eBay , most were topshop , barely used and around £5

coffeekittens Mon 16-Oct-17 20:25:19

Ebay is your friend. I get most of my clothes from there tbh because I'm a tight arse

dementedma Mon 16-Oct-17 20:28:42

I use charity shops and eBay

gingerbreadmam Mon 16-Oct-17 20:33:51

everything 5 pounds apparently gets lots of branded stuff on.

i would trawl new look sale and river island sale too.

i just had a quick look on ebay as im in a similar boat and there is nothing there.

failing that i have i the oast bulk bought off very and paid in installments interest free over a period of time.

Toffeelatteplease Mon 16-Oct-17 20:39:33

Ebay costs a fortune unless you absolutely know your size in a particular brand. Even then you need to become adept at ebaying on stuff you don't like. I never reckoned I saved much, rather get what it was I wanted in the first place

Primark for Jeans, sleepwear, Jerry skirts, the odd t-shirt/jumper, tights, pants, bras (if they stock out size) and their cotton cardigans. Some for their shoes are surprisingly OK. Marks for jeans and everyday jumpers. H&M and new look for the odd statement bit. Tesco on occasion

Ttbb Mon 16-Oct-17 20:41:49

TK max?

Maverick66 Mon 16-Oct-17 20:54:34

Sainsbury's they will have 25% off in next week or two.
Tesco.

thefutureisours Mon 16-Oct-17 21:02:21

Sainsbury's clothes are brilliant.

Alexindisguise Mon 16-Oct-17 21:05:47

Yep Sainsbury's, especially their sale stuff with the extra 25% off. Really good quality in my experience.

BobbinThreadbare123 Mon 16-Oct-17 21:07:40

Sainsbury's. Get some decent basics in there. Loads of my work clothes are from Sainsbury's and I have honestly had loads of compliments on them. Simple tops and some nice jumpers from Primark. Go and hunt about in Next, too. They price weirdly, so you can get tailored trousers for £18-20 even though there's a top for £28 next to them! TK Maxx is also good. All my jackets and exercise gear come from there.

coldcuptea Mon 16-Oct-17 21:44:11

I absolutely know my sizes in certain brands such as topshop petite - the same size I've been wearing for 18 odd years .

SoftSheen Mon 16-Oct-17 21:49:31

H&M and Sainsbury's can be quite good, or charity shops.

Based on my experience I wouldn't waste money on Primark. All the stuff I have ever bought from there have either fallen to pieces or shrunk, very quickly.

BackforGood Mon 16-Oct-17 22:09:31

Charity shops without a doubt.
Warning though, you can become spoilt by the bargains and never want to pay £££ s for things ever again, even once you can afford to. smile

MNOverinvestor Mon 16-Oct-17 22:15:22

Uniqlo - its stuff really lasts...

Floisme Mon 16-Oct-17 22:21:02

I'm a big charity shop fan and I've picked up some really great things there but I'm not sure I'd recommend trying to build up a wardrobe that way. They're far too random and their basics - which are probably what you need, can be shite. You probably need a mix of all the places recommended on here. Also some items might be worth spending more on, although it probably depends on your situation what they are.

Dancinggoat Mon 16-Oct-17 22:23:58

Screen shot sale page of h and m online to give you idea of prices. Really good bargains. I love a sale

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now