Talk

Advanced search

Home gel nail kit recommendations please

(6 Posts)
DoJo Mon 16-Oct-17 16:33:56

As someone with NO idea about these things, I am hoping to purchase an easy-to-use gel nail kit as a gift for someone. I'm really after one which will be cheaper in the long run than getting them done in a salon and relatively easy to apply as the recipient has zero experience of doing anything like this, and nor have I (and I suspect I may be drafted in to help with them!).

If anyone has a foolproof kit recommendation, I'm be hugely grateful!

BubblesBubblesBubbles Mon 16-Oct-17 21:08:57

I have a sensationail kit from boots cost £30 last year before x mas (was a present from dh)

I buy most of the nail colours from eBay or a beauty outlet in my local town you get 3 for £10.

I found the initial outlay quite expensive, I've spent about £120 on it (I do have an impressive load of colours now) but the lady who did my nails charged £20 per time, but I have enough colours etc to do mine every 2 weeks for a long time.

I find it no harder to put on than 'proper' nail varnish. Prep nails/base coat/cure/gel colour/cure/gel colour/cure/top coat. Done.

thefutureisours Mon 16-Oct-17 21:10:07

I also use sensationail, it's fab.

crazycatgal Mon 16-Oct-17 21:12:44

Do you have to use sensationail gels with the kit or can you use other gels?

Maraki Mon 16-Oct-17 21:55:29

I use Bluesky or opi gelcolor with sensationail. Both work fine.

DoJo Mon 16-Oct-17 22:36:34

Thanks for the recommendations although I should probably have said that I'm looking for one which is natural coloured - would the separates pack give you clear nails? I really am completely clueless about these things...!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now