Talk

Advanced search

Bleach and tone - darkish brown with grey to pale and pastel hued

(5 Posts)
NoMoreStickers Mon 16-Oct-17 14:54:07

I am 37 with v pale skin, blue eyes and red cheeks. I think I'm cool toned. I have a straight bob with a fringe. As I'm rapidly getting I have been discussing going lighter with my hairdresser. I'm wondering about a sort of ashy grey/smokey violet but wondering if it will suit me. I'm not slender or pretty and I do work in a professional job. Help!

Paintbox Mon 16-Oct-17 15:14:27

It may well suit you but it would be difficult to maintain. My hairdresser suggested going grey all over when I was finding it hard to dye it quick enough to cover the grey roots, have an all over grey dye would be just as hard work as I would have had dark roots to get rid of instead! Also could be damaging as would need a lot of bleaching. Don't let me put you off though if you fancy it, I'm sure it would look great

NoMoreStickers Mon 16-Oct-17 15:24:22

Thank you.... my OP should have said greying not getting btw!

blisterinthesun Mon 16-Oct-17 15:51:35

I have fair skin, blue eyes and my hair is ash grey. I’m naturally blonde, and I have a full head of bleach highlights. I then use L’Oreal Serie Expert silver shampoo (which is purple!) as an ash toner. I’m biased but I absolutely love it and get a lot of compliments. It’s not high maintenance; I wash it twice a week with a sulfate free blonde shampoo followed by the L’Oréal stuff. Go for it - it’s a great look.

Paintbox Mon 16-Oct-17 16:00:40

Highlights are much easier to maintain and manage as the colour is broken up. That's the best way for dealing with grey imo. A full head of dyed silver or grey hair will be very high maintenance if any significant amount of natural colour is brown

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now