Talk

Advanced search

If you are sallow skinned do you suit camel coats?

(16 Posts)
neveradullmoment99 Mon 16-Oct-17 13:31:36

Have been browsing the internet looking at coats. Really love the classic camel but i have have sallow skin. Do you steer clear of camel?

Mystraightenersarebroken Mon 16-Oct-17 13:41:13

Step away from camel if you have sallow skin.

DuckOffAutocorrectYouShiv Mon 16-Oct-17 13:46:31

camel isn't an easy colour. I'd steer clear.

neveradullmoment99 Mon 16-Oct-17 13:48:51

Yes, i thought as much. smile

WhatIsGoingOnNow Mon 16-Oct-17 14:22:18

I think it really depends on the shade. As with any colour there are different undertones.

Regarding camel, there light which has a green undertone, one which is slightly mustardy and a few others. You might just be looking at the wrong one.

SpinnerDryer Mon 16-Oct-17 14:24:36

I think I have sallow skin, & the only colours that make me look half decent are light grey & black.

And yet navy blue looks shit on me confused I thought Navy would be o.k!

Sorry Im no help.

Paintbox Mon 16-Oct-17 14:32:17

Camel is a warm colour, in the house of colour autumn and spring palettes. This means that it's supposed to suit those with yellow toned or warm toned skin. Those with pinky toned skin are not supposed to look good in camel, as far as the Warm / cool colour theory goes

Ploppie4 Mon 16-Oct-17 14:35:10

I can wear white but cream makes me look like a bucket of sick

Parmesanity Mon 16-Oct-17 16:06:19

Can you get the coat and wear a different colour scarf next to your skin if you feel it doesn't quite suit?

neveradullmoment99 Mon 16-Oct-17 16:48:28

Yes, i have worn a scarf in the past but feel its rather a lot of money to pay for an item that doesn't suit. I had a boden camel duffle coat and loved it to death and only threw it out a few months ago because it had holes blush and really the camel colour looked completely shit on me.

rightknockered Mon 16-Oct-17 17:05:17

I can wear white, not cream, yet look surprisingly good in camel

allthingslipsticks Mon 16-Oct-17 20:41:00

If you go for a darker shade of camel, you should be fine.

neveradullmoment99 Mon 16-Oct-17 20:52:41

I would have thought a lighter shade would have been better? I have a
mediterranean skin tone.

This is my foundation:

sample of foundation!

allthingslipsticks Mon 16-Oct-17 21:50:10

So do I never!

I always find that the paler shades blend in with my skin blush.

I think OP, you should try on a bunch of camel coats of varying shades in a single shopping trip. It's only when you see the contrasts, you will see what really suits you.

mowglik Tue 17-Oct-17 07:51:50

OP I think there are cool toned camel coats out there, you probably need to spend a day in the shops trying them out. I’ve been checking this out at well as I need to replace my old one which is far too warm toned for me.

I had one which looked great years ago - it was a pale creamy camel shade. Also try rose toned camels

CamperVamp Tue 17-Oct-17 08:02:07

I have Mediterraneany sallow / olive skin and look like death warmed up in anything remotely camel / cream / yellow tones / any green which is not bottle or with lots of blue in it.

A mushroomy colour could work?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now