Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Coathangers

(14 Posts)
princessbear80 Mon 16-Oct-17 11:01:18

Bit of a boring one and not even sure if it's Style and Beauty but hope someone here can help.

I've finally started getting my clothes in order, keeping/buying things that fit, suit my life and I actually like. Have previously always rushed purchases and nothing matched, I hated most of it, and despite my wardrobe overflowing, I never had anything to wear!!

I'd like some nice matching hangers. Any recommendations please for ones that will keep my clothes on without them slipping off? Also, if they have a large hook (the but they hang from) that would be great as the hanging rail in my wardrobe is abnormally large.

Thanks

JesusTapdancingChrist Mon 16-Oct-17 11:09:04

Are you near a Homesense?

I got these on Saturday. 25 for £7.99. They're really sturdy and also very pretty (velvety with copper handles). They had them in a range of muted colours. Would heartily recommend. Am going back for more this week!

SesameSparkle Mon 16-Oct-17 11:25:21

Yes to velvet covered, non-slip hangers, they are a wardrobe game changer. grin

They sell them everywhere, mine are from Costco.

WellTidy Mon 16-Oct-17 11:34:24

I would like some of those velvet ones. We have a mix of the ones that come free with your clothes from shops, and white painted wooden ones from places like ikea or wilkos. But the wooden ones take up loads of space on the rail, as the wood is so thick. Those velvet ones look slimmer.

TrinityBelle Mon 16-Oct-17 11:40:18

I have the velvety flocked hangers. They have then in Home Bargains. I can't remember how much exactly they are but they are certainly inexpensive, I think around £2 for 10.

AssignedPerfectAtBirth Mon 16-Oct-17 12:12:31

Was going to say Home Bargains too. I have black velvet ones, V cheap and look lovely

princessbear80 Mon 16-Oct-17 14:40:40

Thanks everyone. Will pick up some slim velvet ones next time I see some.

dazzlingdeborahrose Mon 16-Oct-17 17:25:00

I swear by the velvet ones. They had some in my local t k Maxx a couple of weeks back with lovely copper hooks. Alternatively I get them from Amazon

tellitlikeitispls Mon 16-Oct-17 17:26:45

what everyone else said. flock covered hangers. They have them in B&M and in poundstretchers as well.

chanie44 Mon 16-Oct-17 17:43:19

I'm eyeing up the ones in Costco, which are £10 for 50.

hollyisalovelyname Mon 16-Oct-17 19:05:25

Primark ( Penneys in Ireland) do them as do Dunnes Stores.

littlewoollypervert Mon 16-Oct-17 19:09:45

The Penneys ones are great as they have a little extra hook so you can put a matching belt/necklace with an item of clothing, or hang 2-3 hangers from one another - uses less space.

BlueCowWonders Mon 16-Oct-17 19:17:34

Ok do I’m the only one who sued by like the flocked ones! It’s always such a faff to take eg t-shirts and cardis off those hangers. Yes I do get that they’re non-slip but we keep snapping them in this house! blush

BlueCowWonders Mon 16-Oct-17 19:18:19

Eh?
I’m the only one who doesn’t like...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now