Talk

Advanced search

What can I buy a fashionista?

(23 Posts)
EachandEveryone Sun 15-Oct-17 21:25:06

Who’s done me a great favour. Saved me a good deal in my Christmas shopping as she works for a particular brand. Unfortunately her friends work for other high end brands. She has everything she could possibly want, we are in the wrong jobs!!! I thought about a membership for an indie cinema but they have upped their prices to £100 which defeats the object of my discount. Any ideas?

RunRabbitRunRabbit Sun 15-Oct-17 21:32:25

If she also has everything then get her something consumable. Bloody good wine / gin / chocolates / personalised thank you cake from your local bakery.

As long as you've clearly put thought into it the amount of money doesn't really matter.

botemp Sun 15-Oct-17 21:32:27

Byredo perfume (Gypsy water is particularly popular) or their candles (the rose is very nice). Much more fashionista appeal than Dyptique and Jo Malone. Or are cosmetics/fragrance off the table too?

EachandEveryone Sun 15-Oct-17 21:38:08

Best friend works fir JM the other one is high up in that shop that sells abit of this and a bit of that with all the lovely fabrics.

botemp Sun 15-Oct-17 21:50:33

I personally wouldn't describe those as fashionista jobs, just general high end. I was going to suggest a really high end French incense initially that's a bit hard to source but guess that wouldn't work either.

Would a really nice bouquet of flowers (or a subscription for several weeks, see Bloomon they've exploded massively here in the Netherlands but they've expanded to the UK last I heard) be too paltry? A night at the theatre otherwise? There's also those ridiculously priced iPhone covers with your initials but that hype may have died down already. Maybe it's more helpful to describe her personality and interests to narrow it down.

EachandEveryone Sun 15-Oct-17 21:55:57

I haven’t really said what her job is as I’m not outing anyone.

She’s lovely uber tall looks fab in everything has amazing swishy hair. She’s kind likes her hot yoga and gin.

littleredpear Sun 15-Oct-17 21:59:42

Bottle of Harris Gin - only available by post or on Harris. Very hard to get hold of.

littleredpear Sun 15-Oct-17 22:00:10

Bottle is also very pretty when finished.

Catinthecorner Sun 15-Oct-17 22:00:54

Gin. Small batch gin.

botemp Sun 15-Oct-17 22:05:06

Gift card from Asquith yoga then, plenty of things to choose from there for a yoga enthusiast? A yoga towel is handy if you do hot yoga but she may already have a few.

Judydreamsofhorses Sun 15-Oct-17 22:10:05

A flower delivery subscription is a really lovely gift. I don't know Bloomon but my MIL bought me a six month subscription to Bloom and Wild a couple of years back and I liked it so much I renewed it myself. I have a £10 off code if anyone wants one - PM me. I have also read good things about Freddie's Flowers.

Laquila Sun 15-Oct-17 22:16:07

Is second Bloom and Wild subscription - can't really go wrong with that, IMO. Or a book subscription? Might be too pricey though. Hard-to-find gin sounds great. Or something bespoke always feels very thoughtful.

HolgerDanske Mon 16-Oct-17 07:39:26

The flowers subscription sounds lovely! I'd do that. Flowers are such a cheerful, happy thing to have about the house.

EachandEveryone Mon 16-Oct-17 08:08:37

I’ll price them up. Obviously I can’t pay too much which is why I’m so grateful for the huge discount

HolgerDanske Mon 16-Oct-17 08:10:53

Ahh sorry yeah I didn't think!

Hmmm, maybe one of those Rose candles mentioned above (as long as you know she actually likes candles).

EachandEveryone Mon 16-Oct-17 18:00:27

The basic one is £55 for three deliveries its hard to judge online how big they are

hollyisalovelyname Mon 16-Oct-17 19:08:57

A lovely manicure or pedicure in a high end salon ?

AwkwardSquad Mon 16-Oct-17 20:40:41

I’d go for a niche gin - a couple of 25cl bottles and some interesting tonic waters. There are some lovely ones out there - try Poetic Licence, or Mason’s lavender gin, or Eden Mill, or Edinburgh Gin (gin liqueurs, mmm)

MikeUniformMike Mon 16-Oct-17 20:42:26

Year's subscription to a top fashion magazine?

Gunpowder Mon 16-Oct-17 20:49:54

Liberty have some beautiful notebooks. The Christian Lacroix ones are gorgeous! I think a notebook is a good present if the person is organised or creative. Or a travel journal if they go abroad a lot?

Someone bought me a set of pencils with my name engraved on them which I loved.

Or a couple of gin balloons? LSA do nice glass.

Laquila Mon 16-Oct-17 21:24:11

Personalised engraved pencils - I would love that!! Really anything personalised feels thoughtful. Can you get personalised gin?! Or how about a hip flask?

OCSockOrphanage Mon 16-Oct-17 21:29:09

Beautiful stationery would do it for me, every time! Note book, note cards, fancy pens... I am a sucker for all that. Or a glossy book about yoga, Pilates, ballet exercise?

hollyisalovelyname Mon 16-Oct-17 21:39:09

Check out Notonthehighstreet.
Bound to be inspiration on its website.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now