Talk

Advanced search

How to keep skin matte?

(9 Posts)
ChocolatePHD Sun 15-Oct-17 17:02:09

I have very oily skin that's also very sensitive. I don't really want to wear foundation and powder anymore, so what can I use to stop the oil slick?

Bodear Sun 15-Oct-17 19:01:40

Blotting papers! Boots sell them or get them cheaper on amazon.

Doreah Sun 15-Oct-17 19:25:52

Benefit Porefessional is a tinted primer that keeps the skin matte and you only need a little bit.
Revlon also do a clear matte primer which is very good (and cheaper than benefit).

MeadowHay Sun 15-Oct-17 22:22:11

Ughhh I have this problem. On work days I do my usual cleanse and moisturise routine, once the moisturiser has absorbed I apply No. 7 primer which is not amazing (or at least not a magic wand lol) but far better than nothing. Then once that has absorbed I apply No.7 pressed powder. I know you said you don't want to wear powder and I get that as I can't be bothered with foundation on work days but the powder really does help with oil. I reapply with the puff once or twice later at work too a little. Also use blotting papers once or twice a day, get them from Boots or Superdrug but I find the Boots ones to be better. Then remove makeup and cleanse well before bed.

RubbishMantra Mon 16-Oct-17 13:36:30

I use Mally Pore Defender from QVC. It's a big block of silicone-ey stuff you tap on with a sponge. Tarte primer also v. good. Diorskin Crustations Nude not bad either, I had it in 001 (invisible) but you can get other shades I think.

RubbishMantra Mon 16-Oct-17 13:37:38

CRYSTAL, not crustations! grin

VeganIan Mon 16-Oct-17 18:59:38

Benefit primer, or the No 7 one just don't work for me. This is currently doing the job: www.paulaschoice.co.uk/shine-stopper-instant-matte-finish-with-microsponge-technology-m3600.html You can dab it on over make up during the day as well.

Johnsons used to do really really good blotting paper that was dark blue plasticy stuff - oh I miss that sad

VeganIan Mon 16-Oct-17 19:01:41

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clean-Clear-Oil-Control-Film-Blotting-paper-60-sheets-Johnson-Johnson-x-10/302339685000 Like this - although they've changed the paper to more tissue paper like - if you can find the original dark rubbery stuff that's what you want.

hollyisalovelyname Mon 16-Oct-17 19:07:33

The grass is always greener smile
I'd love a shine on my dry skin .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now