Talk

Advanced search

Have you noticed that Banana Republic in the US is miles better than in the U.K.?

(2 Posts)
DrRisotto Sun 15-Oct-17 15:47:47

What's that about? I went to New York a few years ago and loved Banana Republic, went in the UK and it was beyond shit. I'm back in the US and its great again. I know it's a matter of taste whether you like BR in the first place, but I do, except not the stores in the Uzk.

Also, why don't we have awesome outlet villages like the US? They have 70% off ticket price, then 20% off that in BR, Ralph Lauren, Kate Spade, Lululemon, Calvin Klein etc etc. Bicester does not even begin to compare.

Brillenbar Sun 15-Oct-17 16:04:00

I never got it either. I remember being really pleased when br opened in the uk especially as it is one of few places that does petite suiting. But their sizing was all over the place and you felt like you were really ripped off compared with their us pricing. They are now internet only in the uk. Tbh I no longer bother because sizing has been so hot and miss

Same with j crew really. Here they seem to think they're top end and price accordingly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now