Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How to style a navy blue evening dress

(8 Posts)
comfyshoelady Sun 15-Oct-17 13:43:01

I'm attending quite a posh evening do and don't really do posh, so would like some advice. Found a navy blue evening dress I like, i didn't really want navy as I wear a lot of navy and it didn't seem special but really love the dress so hoping I can make it special with what I wear with it. It's got a bit of silver detailing on the waist, and I've got pearl and silver jewellry which I thought I'd wear with it (necklace and earings). I'm not sure whether to stick to those colours, so maybe silver shoes and jacket, or to go for another colour to brighten it up. if so, what colour?
Also, I hate heels, so any recommendations for fancy flat shoes also good!

TwigTheWonderKid Sun 15-Oct-17 13:48:17

Can you link to the dress (or post a photo?)

comfyshoelady Sun 15-Oct-17 15:57:08

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mascara-Pour-La-Femme-Party-Evening-Blue-Beaded-Maxi-Dress-Size-12/142534998877?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

millifiori Sun 15-Oct-17 16:09:48

That looks as though some of the beads at the waist are amethyst in colour. That coule be a good colour to mix with it, if you wanted a shrug or shoes that contrasted. Though silver would be lovely too.

If you're on a budget (making assumptions because the dress is good value) how about these sparkly flats?

millifiori Sun 15-Oct-17 16:14:19

Or these in navy. They have a low kitten heel, so more elegant than flats but not like wearing big heels.

millifiori Sun 15-Oct-17 16:19:15

And these silver ones are gorgeous.

HolgerDanske Sun 15-Oct-17 16:58:36

It's pretty smile

I would coordinate shoes or bag to the dress and jewellery (so silver), and then pick a contrasting colour for the other accessory. I would likely opt for silver shoes and a contrasting clutch, but the opposite way around would be lovely too.

comfyshoelady Sun 15-Oct-17 19:26:41

Thanks for the shoe suggestions milli I might be able to cope with a kitten heel, and for your well mannered tact in regards to the price! grin
Holga, that's a good idea, I'll do one and the other.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now