Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Any women ditched disposable razors for stainless steel safety razors?

(3 Posts)
Blogwoman Sun 15-Oct-17 11:21:10

My DD is keen to switch to a razor with replaceable blades (just blades, not heads) to avoid putting plastic razors in landfill. It's quite tricky to know what kind of traditional razor is suitable for female hair removal, so any advice or recommendations would be useful. Thank you.

BahHumbygge Sun 15-Oct-17 13:26:48

I've seen lots of zero waste youtubers vlog about this (and have been tempted myself, but I just epilate - hate stubble). Have a watch for their recommendations. There's no separate razor type for females, just standard safety razor, look out for recommendations & amazon reviews. Keep an empty tin, eg travel sweet tin, for storing & safe disposal of spent blades. Keep the blade clean & bone dry after use & it lasts for ages, store in the bedroom not steamy bathroom - it's the microrust which blunts the blade.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOj6dtYJfag

Blogwoman Mon 16-Oct-17 22:46:09

Thank you Bah. Doesn't look like others have done this does it?!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: