Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Video tutorial for tightlining eyes?

(7 Posts)
Uhohmummy Sun 15-Oct-17 10:15:35

Can someone please recommend a good video tutorial for tightlining eyes?
Thanks!

princessbear80 Sun 15-Oct-17 10:30:08

No videos sorry but I'm following in case someone else recommends one. Any advice for what eyeliner to use? Mine always smudges.

botemp Sun 15-Oct-17 11:26:24

I think Wayne Goss did a few specific ones but they might be a bit old now. Lisa Eldridge regularly applies the technique, as do other MUA but not sure if there are specific videos on it as it's not all that hard. You just have to figure out preferred materials and tools and experiment. Best results I have are with Laura Mercier cake liner and a flat brush and you simply wiggle it underneath lashes and try not to blink while it dries. Others prefer a pencil and do the freaky closed eye lining thing and then use black shadow to set it in similar wiggling motion with flat brush as above. If I don't have the time or inclination any old felt liner does the job as well for me by simply lifting the eye lid and filling in the gaps at the roots of the lashes. It's a lot more idiot proof than normal eye lining IME.

ElspethFlashman Sun 15-Oct-17 14:17:09

There isn't really anything to it. You just pull up your top eyelid a bit, and run the side of the lead along the underneath. Don't use the tip, it's awkward and fiddly and you may slip and poke yourself in the eye. The side of the lead is 100% easier so I usually sharpen my pencils so there's a decent amount of lead showing.

It's trial and error what eyeliners actually stay put though. I have some long wearing ones that last like iron on the eyelid but don't last an hour when used for tightlining. So experiment with cheap ones.

Lndnmummy Sun 15-Oct-17 15:13:24

Just try. I use pencils sometimes (Charlotte tilbury or Mac) and the clarinet three dot liner is ok. Best result I have ever had was when I borrowed my sisters liquid liner from 17.

Lndnmummy Sun 15-Oct-17 15:13:59

Also you can use your mascara with a flat or pointed eyeliner brush

Opheliasgoldenwine Sun 15-Oct-17 16:09:18

@Lndnmummy on your waterline?shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now