Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Grey or camel coat

(16 Posts)
Poppyfields21 Sun 15-Oct-17 00:07:44

Hello,

Just looking for some advice as to which you think would be most useful/wearable. I’ve been looking for a warm, double breasted coat for a while and now Warehouse has the perfect one. However, I’m torn between the two colours. Ideally I’d buy both grin but that won’t be happening!

This is the coat:

http://www.warehouse.co.uk/gb/clothing/jackets-and-coats/double-breasted-crombie-coat/029793.html?dwvar_029793_color=15&position=9&cgid=coats-casual-jackets#plpPosition=10&start=9&categoryID=coats-casual-jackets

I’d like to be able to wear it for work and also at the weekend to get maximum use. My clothes are mainly black, with quite a lot of burgundy and a little bit of grey and khaki.

So which do I get?!

Thank you smile

Bloomed Sun 15-Oct-17 00:18:10

I like the camel best. It's a classy shade of camel.

moaningmummyoftwo Sun 15-Oct-17 00:30:47

Camel

HarrietVane99 Sun 15-Oct-17 01:23:05

That's a difficult one. If it was me, I'd choose grey, because camel doesn't suit me. And I think grey would go better with the other colours you mention.

But I don't actually like the grey of that coat, it's too pale. So if the camel looks good on you, perhaps the camel?

Paintbox Sun 15-Oct-17 08:43:49

Which suits you better?? I cant wear camel at all

Poppyfields21 Mon 16-Oct-17 08:40:57

I’m not sure which suits me better. I have pale skin and fair hair. I looked up my skin tone and apparently I’m cool toned?

poppym12 Mon 16-Oct-17 08:45:53

I'm cool / neutral toned and would have to choose the grey one. Camel would make me look ill. Could you try them both on? Pretty sure you'd be able to tell which colour suited you best straight away.

Floisme Mon 16-Oct-17 10:11:22

I'm a similar colouring, don't know if I'm cool or warm toned but I look best in in-between shades i.e. not too pale or too bright and I wear a lot of burgundy, dark green and dark grey. So I was expecting to say 'the grey' but actually that shade looks too pale for me whereas I might just get away with the camel as it looks quite dark, almost brown. (It's the yellowy camel that I can't wear). I'd have to see it for real though.

botemp Mon 16-Oct-17 10:22:42

Sorry, I wouldn't get either colour. It's a nice shape but it's 90% Polyester with a bit of Viscose and Elastane tossed in. I think it'll be one of those coats that wears down really quickly in terms of material as there's not a bit of wool to be found (yet imitating it) and in either colour that will show progressively quicker than a darker colour. It'll also lack the weight and feel of wool probably.

Zara has a similar double-breasted coat in burgundy currently, I believe it was at least half wool. Maybe that's worth looking at?

poppym12 Mon 16-Oct-17 12:11:35

I have to avoid anything with wool in it, hives and wheezing as soon as I come into contact with the wretched stuff. For me, a good old poly mix is much better grin (wouldn't wear it if I could either as it's an animal product).

Poppyfields21 Thu 19-Oct-17 21:55:05

Thanks for the responses so far. I’ve decided grey would be best for me but think you’re right about this being a tiny bit too light. Have any of you lovely ladies seen a slightly darker grey (but not dark grey, looking ideally for mid grey) double breasted, slightly masculine coat?
Any tips appreciated grin

botemp Fri 20-Oct-17 10:49:37

This one from Weekday is more manish and slightly oversized so not sure if that's within your parameters still but it is a warm mid grey/moleskin type colour as far as I can tell, specific colour isn't given and since it's more of a Harris Tweed like fabric it's a bit dual coloured. Their clothes are quite large fitting IME so I'd definitely size down, especially if you want a snugger fit.

Poppyfields21 Fri 20-Oct-17 10:54:23

I’m lookig for a slightly more tailored fit but hank you very much for the suggestion.

BusterGonad Fri 20-Oct-17 16:52:32

The grey. I don't think it's too pale.

leghoul Fri 20-Oct-17 20:41:26

Try Zara
On that note I had the most beautiful mid grey coat by Maxmara that lasted years but I foolishly left it somewhere for months and found it had been eaten by moths! still very upset

Poppyfields21 Fri 20-Oct-17 23:08:55

Oh no leghoul I too would be very upset about that!

I’ll try to get to a zara this weekend

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now