Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is my skin tone cool or warm ? Pics

(43 Posts)
coldcuptea Sat 14-Oct-17 22:26:19

Sorry for the rubbish close up picture but either I'm colour blind or it's really hard to figure out . Am starting to believe it's all subjective . Can anyone tell me if I'm cool or warm by the following pic ? Not wearing any makeup at all apart from eye pencil

Montacute Sat 14-Oct-17 22:27:01

Warm

coldcuptea Sat 14-Oct-17 22:29:28

Could you explain how you came to that conclusion ? I always thought pink meant cool and I can see pink . So confused .

Montacute Sat 14-Oct-17 22:33:07

From the part if face I can see I would say you have a Mediterranean perhaps Middle Eastern heritage. I may be wrong though! Brown eyes plus skin that looks as though it tans in the sun.

Someone like Nicole Kidman or Anne Hathaway is cool toned.

Montacute Sat 14-Oct-17 22:34:41

Gorgeous skin by the way.

coldcuptea Sat 14-Oct-17 22:36:59

Oh thanks !! That's made my day . Didn't expect a compliment , really . I'm mixed but middle eastern is the dominant heritage . I actually burn terribly which is what throws me and I can see pink but everyone says warm . I struggle with differentiating between colours and tones anyway .

woollyminded Sat 14-Oct-17 22:42:00

The burning thing is one way to tell but there are a few others. Looking at these factors I agree the your answer ma be warm

www.bustle.com/articles/36375-warm-or-cool-skin-tone-5-questions-to-help-you-determine-your-undertones-so-you-can

Also agree - lovely, fresh clear skin envy!

coldcuptea Sat 14-Oct-17 22:44:43

Thanks ! I think I never get anywhere with the quizzes because I don't have a clue which colours i look best in and whether gold or silver suit me better ( if I did I wouldn't be asking gringrin)

Rainallday Sat 14-Oct-17 22:45:01

I would say warm too for example I think gold would suit you more than silver.

user1472377586 Sat 14-Oct-17 22:52:38

Hi I also think you have warm toned skin.

A great way I found (by accident) was to take 2 photos: one with a black top on, and the other with a navy top on. For me (I have warm toned skin), my photo in black was just awful! I looked unwell / washed out.
And if you can't see the difference between black & navy, try royal blue vs black.

A photo is more effective than just putting the tops on and looking in the mirror. You need the fabric colour right up near your face to see.

woollyminded Sat 14-Oct-17 22:57:25

The link's not a quiz, it outlines a few determine a few factors like looking at the veins in your wrist and eye and hair colour combinations.

coldcuptea Sat 14-Oct-17 23:18:17

Sorry you're right , it's not blushthink I've done a few quizzes recently so I've mixed it up with something else . Veins are green I think ( or turquoise ?)

StorminaBcup Sat 14-Oct-17 23:20:29

Look at your veins. If they are more blue you have cool undertones, if they are more green-ish you have warm undertones.

coldcuptea Sat 14-Oct-17 23:33:17

Green, right ?

woollyminded Sat 14-Oct-17 23:35:30

Look sorta sagey to me!

I'm having a right good peer at my here and I reckon they're more blue than yours

May50 Sat 14-Oct-17 23:50:45

Warm.

StorminaBcup Sat 14-Oct-17 23:53:04

I’d say green so that make you mostly warm,

Dustbunny1900 Sat 14-Oct-17 23:58:00

I'd say closer to neutral, maybe warmer side. I was always confused by it cause I'm a mixture of both (tending towards cool). I'm a dusty soft summer, so can wear gold or silver.
You can be pale/warm and darker/cool as well.
I think Nicole Kidman is a warm season , either autumn or spring, she has red hair so definitely not cool toned.

dun1urkin Sun 15-Oct-17 00:09:35

dustbunny hair colour isn't an indicator of skin tone. My hair is very similar to Nicole Kidman's and I have cool toned skin

mowglik Sun 15-Oct-17 00:11:23

I’m going to go against the grain and say your skin looks cool - I can see lots of pink. Also your veins look like mine and I am cool (Asian heritage so I was pretty shocked but totally saw it when I was being draped/colour analysed).

If you have some pashmina type solid colour scarves try draping yourself in them and seeing which ones look best.

Hairq Sun 15-Oct-17 00:37:36

It's difficult to tell. I thought warm at first, but your eyes are quite a cool brown which throws me. The way I can tell best for my skin tone (warm) is by being photographed next to other people. One particular friend of mine has very cool toned olive skin and next to each other, I look very yellow and she looks very pink, but in separate photos, I look pale with pink cheeks and she looks sallow. It's the contrast between us thatbshows our true skin tones.

Dustbunny1900 Sun 15-Oct-17 00:47:14

I'm no expert (just a hobby) but I was under the impression skin/hair/eyes flow together in one tone and season

Paintbox Sun 15-Oct-17 08:42:23

Veins are a red herring in my view. Do you look better in white or cream next to your face? White is cool and cream is warm. That's one of the first tests that a house of colour consultant will use. They don't look at veins

coldcuptea Sun 15-Oct-17 09:44:37

I think I look terrible in both more so cream but better in off white which is between the two . Conversely , I prefer corals and peaches to pinks .

coldcuptea Sun 15-Oct-17 09:46:11

I have loads of close up pictures of me and my sister together and she looks remarkably sallow next to me .
Yet the majority answer and at makeup counters they immediate response is 'warm'
If there were a spectrum , maybe a cool warm ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now