Talk

Advanced search

recommend me a floppy, loose-fitting woollen hat/beret and a padded coat or parka

(13 Posts)
MortalEnemy Sat 14-Oct-17 20:56:44

Hi all,
Could you well-informed people find me a floppy/slouchy wool beanie-style hat or large-ish woollen beret?

Something like this -- nothing with sparkles (all the ones I can find on the high street seem to be sparkly...?

www.italyincashmere.com/pure-cashmere-ribbed-knitted-slouchy-beanie-hat-in-light-grey.html

Also a parka or non-bulky long padded coat in a bright colour, preferably blue or green? I love this grey Oska coat in the picture, but ordered it twice online in different sizes, both absolutely swimming on me, and Oska is a real pain to order online from...

I don't mind spending money for the right thing -- all suggestions appreciated.

CuckooClockChimes Sat 14-Oct-17 20:59:09

Have you tried M&S for coats? I saw some long padded coats today

PerspicaciaTick Sat 14-Oct-17 21:04:05

Inspired by Kimberley?

Sorry blush, it is the image that popped into my head when I read your title.

MortalEnemy Sat 14-Oct-17 21:09:49

I take a short cut through M and S most days, but haven't seen anything I liked at a casual glance -- I should look more closely.

Perspicicia, I don't even know who that is! (I'm a foreigner, without a clue of some UK pop cultural stuff... grin I have a biggish head and a lot of long, thick curly hair, and I hate the look and feel of tight-fitting hats on me.

PerspicaciaTick Sat 14-Oct-17 21:24:35

That is the inimitable Victoria Wood.
I think you will look lovely and not at all like Kimberley.

If you google Victoria Wood Kimberley, you'll find the whole sketch. But I will stop hijacking your thread now.

SirRaymondLuxuryYacht Sat 14-Oct-17 21:56:28

I bought this on Amazon. It's from China but took just over a week to arrive. It's lovely thick cord and quite roomy,comes in different colours too.
Sorry I can't do links on phone.

SirRaymondLuxuryYacht Sat 14-Oct-17 21:57:32

Oh it was only £5.33 free P&P.

minipie Sat 14-Oct-17 22:10:27

hat from John Lewis comes in 4 coloura

minipie Sat 14-Oct-17 22:15:35

Esprit

Or there's loads of hand knitted ones on etsy

MortalEnemy Sun 15-Oct-17 09:20:25

Thanks, everyone -- mini, the JL one is pretty much exactly what I want, thank you. (And the fact that I specifically went to the nearest JL last week to look for a hat and didn't see it will remain a mystery. grin)

Can anyone offer any suggestions for a light padded/quilted coat or a warm parka in interesting colours? Everything I already own in that line is khaki/navy/black, and as I'm both outdoors fairly often in winter and will be taking two trips to very cold places this year, I'd like something more interesting or just not navy/black/khaki.

I saw a bright orange one on ASOS but fear it would make me look like a human pumpkin...

nothingwittyhere Sun 15-Oct-17 09:38:05

I think JL have that range hanging on the wall rather than on hatstands.

nothingwittyhere Sun 15-Oct-17 09:39:01

In Leeds JL anyway.

Peppermeant Sun 15-Oct-17 09:40:10

There's a bright red padded coat in warehouse at the mo. Also this in whistles

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now