Talk

Advanced search

Jumpers that do not go bobbly/shrink

(8 Posts)
Picklesandpies Sat 14-Oct-17 20:33:36

Where can I find the holy grail of jumpers? I am so fed up of buying them only for them to be unwearable after a couple of washes (and I always wash them according to instructions and use wool detergent!) I would spend max of £50 on a jumper but ideally less of course.

And why is it that I can buy knitwear for my children and they don't do bobbly?!

Elledouble Sat 14-Oct-17 20:38:43

I'd like to know too - even stuff from M&S looks crap after a couple of wears. Goes misshapen and bobbly. I'm taking to buying cheap stuff more often but it's so wasteful!

JaceLancs Sat 14-Oct-17 21:02:00

I buy pure lambs wool, cashmere or merino wool and have a debobbler - some of my knitwear is over 5 years old
I machine wash on hand wash setting using woolite liquid and have never had any problems

JaceLancs Sat 14-Oct-17 21:02:59

Most of my knitwear is either jaeger, marks and spencer or comes from tkmaxx

thenightsky Sat 14-Oct-17 21:04:25

I only buy cotton jumpers now. Everything else, including cashmere, is bobble city.

CuckooClockChimes Sat 14-Oct-17 21:07:32

I have two big acrylic jumpers from Topshop and it's taken two years of a lot of wear for them to start going bobbly. They're 'fisherman' style jumpers with specs in the wool- not sure whether they'll stock something similar this year

Picklesandpies Sun 15-Oct-17 08:34:23

Thanks for the suggestions. I have one cashmere jumper that lasted me years until it developed a hole in it so maybe that is the way to go. Expensive though! I have tried cotton jumpers but I find they don't make me feel as warm (having said that it's going to be 20 degrees today hmm.)

Picklesandpies Sun 15-Oct-17 08:34:54

I will have a look at Tesco though - thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now