Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got a Didriksons children's coat for themselves....?

(12 Posts)
taybert Sat 14-Oct-17 19:52:00

They go up to 170cm for the girls. That's way taller than me. The proportions of the biggest children's size seem similar to the smaller women's sizes. Anyone tried it?

fabuloussnowflake Sat 21-Oct-17 16:16:50

Quite a few women buy girls sizes (I guess a form of self flattery), though they admit it is quite tight on hips and the arms are short. So, I'd rather buy (and have bought) womens sizes for myself. It's not only the height that matters, it's the shape of body and length of arms etc. HTH

Rainatnight Sat 21-Oct-17 16:18:07

fabulous that's a bit rude. It's self flattery. Some people are just bloody tiny (me included but with boobs).

Rainatnight Sat 21-Oct-17 16:18:24

Sorry, it's NOT self flattery

RavingRoo Sat 21-Oct-17 16:19:59

My sister needs kids clothes sometimes. She’s a genuine, cellulite ridden size zero on the hips but tiny on the waist and bust.

IHaveBrilloHair Sat 21-Oct-17 16:21:53

I'm 5 foot and half an inch and a size 8, its not self flattery, its a fact and I buy kid's clothes if they fit me, why not?
Cant help with the didrikson coat, I don't have one but off to check them out now!

IHaveBrilloHair Sat 21-Oct-17 16:25:21

I also bought a men's jumper recently, I wanted a slouchy jumper and the smallest size was perfect.
I have a woman's figure, just a small version of one.
I find your post quite offensive snowflake

Rainatnight Sat 21-Oct-17 16:25:39

Yes, to answer the OP, great idea, will also check out!

fabuloussnowflake Sat 21-Oct-17 17:12:50

Firstly, I apologize, did not mean to offend anyone. Didriksons womens clothes start at about 32, that would be a size 6 (not too
sure on UK sizes) ? So smaller sizes are also available. I have compared girls and boys sizes on adults, might just fit but can't be too comfortable, nor could it be as warm as intended due to lack of fit. It is just my opinion, and again, I apologize if it offended anyone.

Djangor Sat 21-Oct-17 17:34:29

Excellent idea - I regularly find sleeves too long as I am a bit small. Sadly, the biggest size looks as though it will be too neat on the hips for me - annoying as the boys rain jackets are bigger on the chest & waist than the girls but the same size on the hips. I'm confused that buying childrens' clothes is self flattery. I think I've still got a hangup from being told to try the childrens' department when I was aged 17 - humiliating & maybe the reason why I mainly buy clothes online now - I can pretend to be buying for a child.

AdiosPieceOfToast Sat 21-Oct-17 17:37:56

It’s not self flattery, children’s clothes are free from VAT so usually at least 20% cheaper!

taybert Sat 21-Oct-17 17:43:25

It’s not self flattery, it’s just cheaper! I suspected there could be fit issues which is why I asked if anyone had any experience.

Anyway, I went for an adults’ because they are more breathable which was the reason to replace my other parka. Hope it works for others though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now