Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

On the lookout for Christmas party shoes!

(10 Posts)
Battyoldbat Sat 14-Oct-17 17:32:32

I've just been invited to a posh Christmas do, not quite black tie but dressed up in a nice hotel type do.
I have a dress already, it's a dark navy blue cocktail dress. What I don't have not been anywhere posh for years is any shoes.
But I have big fat feet and can't wear heels so I'm not having any luck finding anything even vaguely suitable. I wear size 8 wide fitting shoes and generally wear either men's shoes or boots all the time. Don't think that's a good look with a cocktail dress though! Any ideas?

BikeRunSki Sat 14-Oct-17 17:39:20

Oooh, you have my feet and I feel your pain! I tried on some Hotter shoes recently and the 8 fitted OK. How about this style.

I’ve also had some success with ASOS. They do quite a lot of 8, 8+ shoes, also in a wide fit.

Silverthorn Sat 14-Oct-17 17:44:18

How about some metallic ballet flat type shoes. Plenty out there at the moment.

Battyoldbat Sat 14-Oct-17 18:43:07

I struggle with ballet flats, annoyingly, because I have bunions and the rim of that style tends to cut straight across them and is pretty painful.
I forgot about hotter, I've got some casual shoes from there. I'll have a look at asos too

BikeRunSki Sat 14-Oct-17 20:10:26

how about these? I imagine the velvet would be quite forgiving on width.

CountFosco Sat 14-Oct-17 21:37:05

If you don't want to wear heels check out www.enbrogue.com for flat shoe recommendations. I love these from Rogue Matilda.

seven201 Sat 14-Oct-17 21:37:50

New look, dune, m&s and asos all have wide feet sections. Not sure if they all go up to size 8, but definitely 7 (I'm a 7 wide).

herecomesthsun Sun 15-Oct-17 05:53:36

Chie Mihara

Art shoes

Comfortable court shoes

Mosaic123 Sun 15-Oct-17 07:29:37

Vionic may have something for you.

Next do a wide fit range that go to an 8 if you've not looked there already

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now