Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

On the lookout for Christmas party shoes!

(10 Posts)
Battyoldbat Sat 14-Oct-17 17:32:32

I've just been invited to a posh Christmas do, not quite black tie but dressed up in a nice hotel type do.
I have a dress already, it's a dark navy blue cocktail dress. What I don't have not been anywhere posh for years is any shoes.
But I have big fat feet and can't wear heels so I'm not having any luck finding anything even vaguely suitable. I wear size 8 wide fitting shoes and generally wear either men's shoes or boots all the time. Don't think that's a good look with a cocktail dress though! Any ideas?

BikeRunSki Sat 14-Oct-17 17:39:20

Oooh, you have my feet and I feel your pain! I tried on some Hotter shoes recently and the 8 fitted OK. How about this style.

I’ve also had some success with ASOS. They do quite a lot of 8, 8+ shoes, also in a wide fit.

Silverthorn Sat 14-Oct-17 17:44:18

How about some metallic ballet flat type shoes. Plenty out there at the moment.

Battyoldbat Sat 14-Oct-17 18:43:07

I struggle with ballet flats, annoyingly, because I have bunions and the rim of that style tends to cut straight across them and is pretty painful.
I forgot about hotter, I've got some casual shoes from there. I'll have a look at asos too

BikeRunSki Sat 14-Oct-17 20:10:26

how about these? I imagine the velvet would be quite forgiving on width.

CountFosco Sat 14-Oct-17 21:37:05

If you don't want to wear heels check out www.enbrogue.com for flat shoe recommendations. I love these from Rogue Matilda.

seven201 Sat 14-Oct-17 21:37:50

New look, dune, m&s and asos all have wide feet sections. Not sure if they all go up to size 8, but definitely 7 (I'm a 7 wide).

herecomesthsun Sun 15-Oct-17 05:53:36

Chie Mihara

Art shoes

Comfortable court shoes

Mosaic123 Sun 15-Oct-17 07:29:37

Vionic may have something for you.

NiceCuppaTeaAndASitDown Sun 15-Oct-17 07:46:11

Next do a wide fit range that go to an 8 if you've not looked there already

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: