Talk

Advanced search

'Ordinary' foundation - any good?

(16 Posts)
lovechildofLordFarquaad Sat 14-Oct-17 16:56:40

I've heard this foundation is very good and it's v reasonably priced. Has anyone used it? Any feedback? Also, I am a warm skin tone with olive skin. Would I need the one with yellow tones or red tones? I am confused!

SirRaymondLuxuryYacht Sat 14-Oct-17 17:10:25

I've actually just tried the serum one today. It's ok but nothing special. I prefer Maybelline fit me which I usually use.
The shades are really confusing, maybe email them with a pic.

lovechildofLordFarquaad Sat 14-Oct-17 17:14:25

Good suggestion, thanks -yes j couldn't work it out and not much info to go by!

Maudlinmaud Sat 14-Oct-17 17:16:11

The yellows are very very yellow be warned.
I used the Wayne Goss vlog to choose my colour and got it spectacularly wrong.
It's problem best going for a shade in neutral if they do that. Coverage was fine though. I bought 2 colours and both are unused.

endofacentury Sat 14-Oct-17 17:19:41

It’s not bad but the one I ordered was too light so I ended up mixing it with another foundation, also found it oxidises badly on my nose but for the price it’s ok

Plumpysoft Sat 14-Oct-17 20:12:06

I was disappointed

Nicketynac Sat 14-Oct-17 23:10:27

I bought the serum and coverage ones as they were so cheap. I have very oily t-zone and variable cheeks.
The coverage one was like a mask on me, could not get it to blend nicely at all and it sat horribly around my eyes.
The serum one felt nicer but needed a lot of work to blend, settled a bit in pores and looked pretty rubbish after a few hours. I'm not sure if I could have made it work by trying different primers and setting powders but it wasn't that great to start with.

SirRaymondLuxuryYacht Sat 14-Oct-17 23:23:42

The serum one really settled in my pores too. I've got the coverage but not tried it yet.
Think I fell for the hype and much prefer my Maybelline fit me or Bourjois one.

NotTheQueen Sat 14-Oct-17 23:30:56

Completely underwhelmed, made worse by three months of chasing to receive my order* Oxodised no matter which of their primers I used.

* The Ordinary customer service is terrible, I've had two orders and both have been months late on delivery... I rate their skincare but dealing with them gives me more wrinkles.somewhat defeats the purpose

lovechildofLordFarquaad Sun 15-Oct-17 08:15:38

Not exactly rave reviews here! I read that it had a huge waiting list at one point, which made me think it must be good ( I am just a marketers dream basically!) Queen, they sell some through Asos if you want to avoid Ordinary customer service? Thanks to you all for reviews!

BeerBaby Sun 15-Oct-17 08:20:56

Not as good as bourjour healthy mix serum.

PhyllisWig Sun 15-Oct-17 09:57:07

Exactly what beer baby said

lovechildofLordFarquaad Sun 15-Oct-17 10:30:50

Thanks, I will try the bourgeois one I think

cuirderussie Sun 15-Oct-17 17:37:13

Too thin and watery and too matte and dead looking once applied. The fairest colour made me look like death. Back to my Estee Lauder Double Wear!

Softkitty2 Sun 15-Oct-17 20:33:40

I have the sheer one and become VERY oily by the end of the day. Also oxidises really bad

lovechildofLordFarquaad Sun 15-Oct-17 21:33:01

They must have an awesome marketing department to create the hype!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: