Talk

Advanced search

What do you think of these “leather” leggings?

(49 Posts)
One2another Sat 14-Oct-17 11:25:00

Ive bought these to wear the n a couple of weeks for the Sunday (daytime to evening) or maybe the Saturday night with a sparkly top.
Daytime I’d wear them with suede ankle boots, evening will be sandals.
I like them but my fear is I look fat and too old for them (42) when i was trying them on I went out to show oh and a lady customer was sniggering, maybe not at me but as they are different for me I felt a bit selfish conscious. OH likes them on me but he is younger then me and I don’t want to look like mutton dressed as lamb. Help! Honest advice appreciated!

One2another Sat 14-Oct-17 11:29:56

Sorry the whole start of the post is missing!

I’m going away in a couple of weeks for my birthday and bought these “leather” leggings.
I was going to wear them on the Sunday from day to evening changing shoes and too maybe.

PanannyPanoo Sat 14-Oct-17 11:35:43

I think they look lovely. I doubt very much any sniggers were directed at you. Important you feel comfortable though. - and you should you look great.

McTufty Sat 14-Oct-17 11:39:38

You look lovely in them and have a great pair of legs!

I always find that leather leggings look better on me with a longish top on.

Wear them and enjoy!

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Sat 14-Oct-17 11:51:48

Go for them! They are lovely on you and sound ideal for the day you have planned.

NikiBabe Sat 14-Oct-17 12:28:55

It's not that you're too old for them, I just don't like them. They look cheap no matter who is wearing them or what age. The spray on trouser look doesnt suit anyone imo.

Temporaryanonymity Sat 14-Oct-17 12:33:42

We are the same age and I wear them. By day I wear with a grey slouchy jumper and trainers. At night much the same as you. I love them.

Cherrypie32 Sat 14-Oct-17 12:38:19

I'm 46 and wear coated skinnies which have a similar look but not quite as 'plasticky' as fake leather. Next do nice ones. I agree a longer top would look good but you look great.

mumchkin Sat 14-Oct-17 12:45:39

I wear these with a long tunic style top or t-shirt dress and then a kimono type floaty cardigan undone over the top - cute and flattering and you get the leather trousers look without having to commit to it too much.

AllPizzasGreatAndSmall Sat 14-Oct-17 12:46:13

NikiBabe the OP isn't asking if it is a style/look you like in general -she obviously does like it (as do many others), but is unsure whether she suits it. Saying everybody who wears them looks cheap in them is just you finding an opportunity to be bitchy and not helpful.

One2another Sat 14-Oct-17 12:51:25

Thanks everyone I’ll keep them and get a longer top. (To hide my mumtum)
I was looking for good and bad honest advice and Nikibabe didn’t offend. I was peeking through my fingers expecting comments along the lines of “fat batman” lol

Ellapaella Sat 14-Oct-17 12:53:04

I love them op and they look great on you

NikiBabe Sat 14-Oct-17 12:53:14

I said i dont think it suits anyone so no i dont think it suits the op.

pigeondujour Sat 14-Oct-17 12:54:57

I love them on you!

NC4now Sat 14-Oct-17 12:58:14

You don't look like Fat Batman at all, but that comment made me laugh 😂

They suit you. I agree about a longer top but they are nice on you.

blisterinthesun Sat 14-Oct-17 13:18:39

They look great on you. Fuck what anyone else thinks - if you like it, wear it 👊🏻

CountFosco Sat 14-Oct-17 14:41:30

You look great. I've got a few years on you and if I hadn't spent a small fortune on clothes already this autumn (just about to go and pick up some new boots) I'd be getting either some coated jeans or proper leather leggings (been losing weight this year and want to buy myself some expensive trousers when I reach my target).

Arealhumanbeing Sat 14-Oct-17 14:48:41

I love them on you. How about a short sparkly (it IS your birthday) dress over them? Not saying you need something longer I just get over excited about these things and start throwing out unasked for advice. The shoes are perfect with them.

Forget about your age. I would love to wear leather skinnies but they look an absolute mess on me. My Mum is 68 and looks fabulous in them.

Enjoy your birthday.

guestofclanmackenzie Sat 14-Oct-17 14:53:01

Another vote for keep them. And wear them with pride.

You look great and you have the legs for them. Have a nice birthday!

heateallthebuns Sat 14-Oct-17 15:29:48

You look great! I'm 41 and I wear them. I put a long top over them to balance out the tightness / proportions.

heateallthebuns Sat 14-Oct-17 15:31:30

I'm about the same size and shape as you as well. It doesn't need to be that long just to the top of my legs!!

LoniceraJaponica Sat 14-Oct-17 15:34:24

You have nice legs. They would look lovely with a longer top.

Timefortea99 Sat 14-Oct-17 15:37:10

You look great in them. Nice shaped legs.

SmileAndNod Sat 14-Oct-17 15:43:02

Blimey I wish I looked like you OP. You look fab!

lostpurplehoodie Sat 14-Oct-17 15:44:46

I think they look lovely on you. Where are they from?

I have been working on body image in therapy and we have agreed that there’s no such thing as too fat or too old for clothes. If they fit, are comfortable, are clean and are seasonally appropriate then they’re right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now