Talk

Advanced search

Daniel Field hair dye

(6 Posts)
Leah111 Sat 14-Oct-17 10:14:01

Hi all,

I’m new here so be gentle, I came across this forum when searching for some hair dye would you believe

Daniel Field products seem to be what I need and I notice a few of you on here have some Experience of them so thought I’d ask.
I have tried ringing their branch today but they must be closed on weekends

Basically I’m looking for a hair dye my hair is medium brown so need something similar but it has to have no copper or red tones at all as they don’t suit my hair and it’s obvious I have dyed it
which dye would you all recommend from experience ?

Thankyou

Elastoplaster Sun 15-Oct-17 20:51:18

Daniel Fields colours add to your existing colour so any DF colour is likely to be darker on your own hair than it looks on their colour chart. I have mousy hair and use both the light blonde and the golden blonde. Both colours darken my hair but make it more vibrant and with soft depth (golden and no copper tones). The DF colours do cover grey but I don't use it for this purpose and something like a l'Oreal permanent colour probably does a better job if you are looking for that. I use DF because it gives a very natural result - my hairdresser says she can't really detect my hair's been dyed - and its easy to add colour incrementally and to renew

Leah111 Sun 15-Oct-17 21:30:45

Thanks I’m just concerned as I don’t want any copper or red tones like I do with other hair dyes

CallarMorvern Mon 16-Oct-17 13:35:40

I normally use Nice and Easy medium ash blonde ( the no ammonia one) on my 50% grey, but I really wanted a lighter colour and they don't do a light ash. I was also worried about chemicals.
So I tried the Daniel Field light ash blonde. Tbh I was really underwhelmed. It's a powder that you mix with water, doing a skin test was difficult as it just turned back to powder on my arm. On mixing in the applicator bottle, it sprayed out when I took the lid off 😬
I left it on for 1hr 20mins as per strand test and it stung my scalp a little, though no redness. The coverage isn't great, it hasn't covered all the grey and my grey takes colour really easily, normally. The colour is spot on, no yellowness or gingeryness, just a nice subtle blonde on the grey bits that have taken. But it hasn't conditioned my hair at all. Not sure if I would use it again tbh.

CallarMorvern Mon 16-Oct-17 13:36:59

I normally use Nice and Easy medium ash blonde ( the no ammonia one) on my 50% grey, but I really wanted a lighter colour and they don't do a light ash. I was also worried about chemicals.
So I tried the Daniel Field light ash blonde. Tbh I was really underwhelmed. It's a powder that you mix with water, doing a skin test was difficult as it just turned back to powder on my arm. On mixing in the applicator bottle, it sprayed out when I took the lid off 😬
I left it on for 1hr 20mins as per strand test and it stung my scalp a little, though no redness. The coverage isn't great, it hasn't covered all the grey and my grey takes colour really easily, normally. The colour is spot on, no yellowness or gingeryness, just a nice subtle blonde on the grey bits that have taken. But it hasn't conditioned my hair at all. Not sure if I would use it again tbh.

CallarMorvern Mon 16-Oct-17 13:37:32

blushSorry double post

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now