Talk

Advanced search

Probably a silly question about hair dye but I'll ask it anyway!

(6 Posts)
TyrionLannistersShadow Fri 13-Oct-17 11:42:50

I use a box permanent colour (Nutrisse) on my hair every couple of months and in between I use the Root Touch Up spray to hide my grey roots. Now the box blurb says to use on dry unwashed hair but does that include hair with the Root Touch Up spray? I sprayed a bit on yesterday before I bought the box but I don't know if I should wash it out or not before putting on the colour? Thanks wink

HALashley Fri 13-Oct-17 13:14:17

I wouldn't worry about it you're probably fine. Think of it like dry shampoo, you can style due over the top of it, the hair dye will penetrate through it. It's just powder basically. There's nothing wrong with doing it over the root touch up but if you feel more at ease then there's nothing wrong with washing your hair either.

Dustbunny1900 Fri 13-Oct-17 13:36:59

I've always been taught that bleach should be done on oily unwashed hair if possible, and dye used on dry clean hair so the dyes will really penetrate. So that would be my take on it

dementedpixie Fri 13-Oct-17 13:39:31

When I was at the hairdresser the other day another client was asked if she'd washed out her root touch up spray as on a previous occasion her hair dye hadn't taken properly and they blamed that. I would wash it out and dry your hair before using the other dye

TyrionLannistersShadow Fri 13-Oct-17 14:40:43

Ah ok thanks everyone , after hearing that dementedpixie I'll definitely wash it out. I don't want to risk it not taking on my roots, that's where I need it!

Ipitythescale Sun 15-Oct-17 22:01:08

My hair dresser asks me not to use it for a couple of days before I come in for my touch up as it can stop the dye taking. Same with normal dry shampoo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now