Talk

Advanced search

When should I book another hair colour appointment?

(13 Posts)
HALashley Fri 13-Oct-17 11:03:41

Hi quick question - I'm currently going from brunette hair all over to a blonde ombre. I'm getting it done gradually over a few appointments so my hair won't get too damaged. I had my first appointment just over 2 weeks ago. My hairdresser told me I could book an appointment 6 weeks after the first appointment, but is it possible to go back sooner than that? If it's not then I accept that, but is it possible to make an appointment for 2 weeks time (4 weeks after the first appointment obviously). My hair is in good condition. A bit dry after the first appointment but after some conditioning that's all sorted and now it's super soft, strong and no breakage or split ends whatsoever. Advice would be really appreciated

HALashley Fri 13-Oct-17 13:15:59

Anyone?

HALashley Fri 13-Oct-17 14:32:25

Sorry for bumping this again but I just really need to know when I should book an appointment flowers

Thebluedog Fri 13-Oct-17 20:49:33

I'd leave it the 6 weeks. Ive done the same, colour wise, and I've definitely noticed my hair condition deteriorate. I now have to be so much more careful with it, regarding drying, conditioning etc. It's a lot dryer and breaks easier. It's ok as long as I look after it. But I wouldn't want to bleach it (which is what you are doing), any more frequently that 6/8 weeks and now I just do the roots rather than all my hair

HALashley Sun 15-Oct-17 00:59:10

Thank you. Would 2 weeks really make that much of a difference though? I wash my hair once a weeks and barely use any heat either. It's also being lightened via highlights and I have really good hair products that keep my hair strong and healthy. Also, when it's finally to the colour I want it I won't have to get it done that often at all since it's ombre (2 or 3 times a year?).

And, since it's really long, I have a lot of room to work with, so I am fine with getting the ends trimmed off after every colouring.

JungleExplorer Sun 15-Oct-17 08:10:23

Mine is ombre, so as close to my natural colour at the roots (light brown) then a mid blonde from about half way down the back of my head, then very blonde at the bottom. My hair goes down to my bra strap.

I can go around 9 months before it needs the blonde moving up. But bleaching hair blonde does damage the hair. Hence why they like to leave time between bleaching. Although mine is always done in one appointment but it takes 3 hours as I have toner put on.

It depends how many levels they are bleaching your hair up.

DavetheCat2001 Sun 15-Oct-17 08:16:35

Can I ask what hair products you use/anyone can recommend pls? I had my hair baylyaged (sp) in March and have just had the roots tinted dark since.
My hair is so dry now and none of the products I have used have helped. The most disappointing one has been the Philip Kingsley Elastiizer which I have seen raved about and cost quite a bit. Doesn’t do anything for my hair. Any recommends woukd be gratefully received!

Namechangearoo Sun 15-Oct-17 08:23:03

I don’t think you want to be told to wait, OP, so just book it if you want. Personally, I’d wait though. It’ll give a nicer effect if you’re patient.

Auspiciouspanda Sun 15-Oct-17 08:25:11

Your hair will look fine however the reason for the 6 weeks is because bleach also damages the integrity of the hair which you won't be able to tell until you bleach it too quickly again. Your hair needs to settle and repair its self.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 15-Oct-17 08:27:48

Your hairdresser said 6 weeks, listen to them!

Thebluedog Sun 15-Oct-17 18:50:00

I'd also be j retested to know what hair products you use?

And to answer your question about 'does 2 weeks really matter'? My mate couldn't wait and dyed her own hair a few weeks after a salon colour, her hair ended up, literally coming out in her hands. She was lucky as she had a really short pixie cut and it didn't take long to recover and still looked ok

HALashley Sun 15-Oct-17 21:57:36

Namechangearoo no that's not the case. If it's better for my hair to wait 6 weeks then I will, I just wanted to know why.

DavetheCat2001 I've never used it but 'elatisizer' sounds more like a protein based product? If its really dry you need moisture.

Products? I recently switched to a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner from a more protein based one. I used to use Bed Head Urban Antidotes L.3 shampoo and conditioner, I now use the TIGI Catwalk oatmeal and honey shampoo and conditioner. Really good for dry hair. I also use a macadamia oil mask which is really moisturizing for the hair. I do that no weekly. I also rinse it with Apple cider vinegar now and then which I really recommend.

Inbetween washes, I use batiste dry shampoo on the roots every few days, and run some argan oil through the mids and ends. Just a few drops. I also use the wet brush as a normal hair brush and use heat once a week.

itsbetterthanabox Sun 15-Oct-17 22:56:24

You don't need six weeks.
Are you having olaplex in your bleach? If not then do it's worth it. They'll be able to take you lighter each session with less damage. Use step 3 at home. 3 weeks is enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now