Talk

Advanced search

Bras around G-ish cup sizes

(19 Posts)
SerendipityFelix Fri 13-Oct-17 08:06:16

Its been a few years since I braventioned myself and I’ve gained/lost weight since then, pinged 2 underwires in the last 2 months and ripped another bra, so between all that I now have only 1 bra I’m happy wearing and 2 that I can cope with for a few hours! So time to bra shop. Love it and hate it simultaneously.

Measurements 35in & 43.5in so starting point of 34G/GG. I know I’m
happy with a 34 back, and I like Freya and Curvy Kate bras, usually balcony styles. None of my current ones are the right size though. Too small in the cups.

I’ve noticed on previous trying on sessions that bras seem to change around the G-cup point, even in the same style, in that the F/FFs are usually ‘normal’ 2-hook and the G or GG and above suddenly becomes this 3-hook scaffold. Just wanted to ask really if anyone has any advice on styles for this kind of size. Previously the 3-hook thing kinda scared me off into hovering at the FF/G. Do I need to just accept that I’m older and fatter and need more support? Does balcony style still work? What’s all this about side support I see on the online shops now, I don’t remember that being an option before! Should I order a range of sizes (which ones!?) and styles to try?? Argh!

I think I prefer to order online rather than try on in store. Whenever I’ve been before there’s always been a disappointing lack of options in store in my size(s), even though the experiences were useful in themselves (bravissimo & R&P) I’ve rarely actually come home with a decent haul on the day.

silkpyjamasallday Fri 13-Oct-17 10:48:03

I have a friend who is a 28GG and she really likes the selection from Mimi Holliday, the styles do change for the larger cup sizes but they are still beautiful bras. This was a while ago though and they have stopped making some of the smallest sizes in their range (which I wore) don't know if they have got rid of the bigger ones too or not.

Honeypie1004 Fri 13-Oct-17 11:14:59

SerendipityFelix, try this
www.crazyclearance.co.uk/shop/bra-back-size-34/bra-cup-size-gg/bras/lingerie/1/_/N-1z13pj1Z1z13cyrZ1ytw1zs/products/show.action?hnid=11152742&spv=true&type=cmr

I've used Panache bras for years in the balconette style, and I'm a 40HH.
Unfortunately, crazyclearance don't do my size sad

WomblingThree Fri 13-Oct-17 11:16:48

Following a recommendation on here, I ordered a ton of bras from www lingerie outlet dot com and tried them on till I found the right style and fit. I ordered well over 30 altogether over two orders, and I kept 5. They were really quick with delivery and refunds too.

I just put in my size, and one size either way, and put them in price order, then ordered the first say 15 on the list in a mix of sizes. That way I tried lots of different styles like balcony, plunge, t-shirt, and figured out which were best. For me, the Ultimo and Panache brands fit best, and I’m not bothered about what colour my bra is (brighter the better), so I didn’t pay more than £9 for any of them.

Honeypie1004 Fri 13-Oct-17 11:21:40

Here are some in your size, and they sell them in MY size too smilesmilesmile
www.brastop.com/panache-lingerie-bras-swimwear?specs=bras-34gg-balconette

Good luck.

princessbear80 Fri 13-Oct-17 20:51:57

I ordered the Freya Idol recently in a GG and an H. The GG has two hooks, the H has three. It's a lovely bra, really supportive.

SillyYak Fri 13-Oct-17 21:43:25

The Panache Jasmine is great, it has extra side panels that push it all up front, and it's really comfy (I'm a HH).

Ilovesliz Fri 13-Oct-17 21:47:35

biscuitbiscuit

EnidButton Fri 13-Oct-17 21:52:03

I've never had a FF bra that didn't have three hooks.

EnidButton Fri 13-Oct-17 21:52:35

Which isn't helpful grin Just mean if you look around there probably are 3 hook ones.

AnotherEmma Fri 13-Oct-17 21:59:15

I'm the opposite, hate buying bras online because I just end up sending them all back. You can't beat going to Bravissimo and trying on loads of styles and sizes until you find what you want. Plus you have a trained fitter to help.

I've ordered and returned so many bras over the last few months. One (admittedly long) fitting in Bravissimo today, and I have three bras I'm really happy with.

Pre-pregnancy I was an FF cup and wore Freya Deco. Now I'm an H cup and I was trying to get a t-shirt bra, but none of them looked right - the moulded cups aren't a great fit and all make my boobs look very far apart. The fitter explained that for bigger cup sizes (G and above) you really need a bra with a side seam as they give a better shape, they push your boobs forward and inwards.

I swear I look as if I've lost a few stone wearing my new bras!

CharlieSierra Fri 13-Oct-17 22:09:01

I love the Cleo Marcie. I've just ordered new ones in 34FF and they have 2 hooks and narrowish straps. It's very up front and appears to take sizes off me. Nice colours too. But the pants are pants.

AnotherEmma Fri 13-Oct-17 22:13:41

You could try the Bravissimo Layla or Erin for example, I found them both pretty, flattering and supportive.

SerendipityFelix Sat 14-Oct-17 06:36:20

Thanks for some of the suggestions alll. I guess a mammoth bra order is on the cards.

SerendipityFelix Sat 14-Oct-17 06:38:11

I wish I’d had better experiences doing the Bravissimo fitting room thing. Multiple times, different stores and always found that the in-store selection was pretty limited compared to online.

SerendipityFelix Sun 15-Oct-17 07:06:23

Just wanted to say thanks for the push (ahem!) I ended up caving and going to Bravissimo yesterday as I was in town anyway. Yup, 34G, and I got a Panache Jasmine and a Bravissimo Lacey. Wanted to try the Erin but didn’t have it in my size sad but expected that! Now I feel more confident on sizing am going to order some Freya and Curvy Kate online. And throw out my old ones, can’t even donate them they’re in that much of a state.

Feel like a new woman with properly refitted bra, need to make it a regular part of self-care every now and then!

AnotherEmma Sun 15-Oct-17 08:13:07

Yay! Glad you got a couple you're pleased with smile And yes ordering online is easier once you know what size fits best - although styles can differ at least you have a starting point!

jenthehen Sun 15-Oct-17 09:47:58

A bit late but can I suggest the Prima Donna Maddison bras. Pricey but amazing. So comfy and great shape.

zgaze Sun 15-Oct-17 10:28:04

I'm a 34GG and have just discovered (don't laugh) Asda bras - the 'tshirt bras' go up that big and fit me brilliantly and range from £4 - £7ish. I've bought about 5 in the last couple of weeks! Really recommend them - even if just for spares / extras at that price.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now