Talk

Advanced search

Can you solve the impossible...?!

(7 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Thu 12-Oct-17 19:27:58

So there's been a thread or two but I cannot find this:
A little black dress....with...
A gently structured shape (not so stretchy it clings to every bit you don't want it to)
Nips in at the waist
A line skirt
Around knee length ish
Sleeves, ideally elbow length
So simple I can wear it with formal courts by day then some metallic or glitter boots by night!
Not absolutely budget busting!

Can anyone help?

MeatAndPotato Thu 12-Oct-17 19:56:22

I don’t know if there will be this exact dress but maybe try zara? Or h&m maybbbe if you’re lucky. Where have you looked so far? And have you typed in some of those key terms on google shopping to see if anything similar came up?

Joinourclub Thu 12-Oct-17 19:58:07

www.esprit.co.uk/womenswear/dresses/casual-sundresses/dress-in-dense-textured-jersey-107CC1E018_001

FlaviaAlbia Thu 12-Oct-17 20:01:33

I used to have that exact dress by Betty Jackson Black from Debenhams. It was perfect and flattering but eventually I wore it out.

No idea if there's anything like that now but I came across it by chance and wouldn't have thought of looking at that brand at all.

RonniePasas Thu 12-Oct-17 20:03:54

How about this
http://bananarepublic.gap.co.uk/browse/product.do?cid=1089458&vid=1&pid=000878302H114-17810

I have a previous season version (more of a boat neck) and it it beautifully versatile

keeponkeepinon Thu 12-Oct-17 21:23:00

I've looked in the usual new look Dorothy perkins oasis...
I like both those dresses, the banana Republic is much more than I was looking to pay. It'd have to be absolutely perfect for that!
The esprit is really lovely, am quite ample of bosom so never quite sure if such a high neckline is good or not. Whether it will emphasise or actually minimise.

CaseStudyResearch Thu 12-Oct-17 21:23:10

Boden have a ponte dress that fits the bill. £90 but currently codes floating around for 20% off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now