Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Need a trousers/jeans belt that doesn't cause unflattering bulges of fabric round the waist

(6 Posts)
namechangeforanonymity Thu 12-Oct-17 17:05:52

I'm in need of a flattering belt to hold jeans and work trousers up as if I opt for a size smaller they are too tight on the bum/thigh.

Belts just seem to gather up the fabric /bulge in places/stick out at the front clasp/ fastening area making me look fatter than I am.

Have I just not round the right style of belt yet ?

Any recommendations from people in a similar situation using belts ?

rightknockered Thu 12-Oct-17 17:07:36

I think the only way to solve this problem is to have trousers altered

namechangeforanonymity Thu 12-Oct-17 17:10:43

My stomach is wobbly from the after effect of 2 large babies. The trousers seem to fit ok but due to not having a firm stomach area they seem to slip down in places as they don't have a firm figure to fit.

Mosaic123 Thu 12-Oct-17 17:39:10

Google elastic belts on Amazon. They hold up well.

ginghamstarfish Thu 12-Oct-17 20:49:39

Agree about maybe having trousers altered? An easy solution is to make two slits on the inside of the waistband and thread some wide elastic through. Pull up the elastic and machine stitch neatly over the (vertical) slits. Sure you can find on YouTube etc.

namechangeforanonymity Thu 12-Oct-17 21:50:00

Alterations are quite expensive and I'm rubbish at anything like that (wasn't even entered to needlework exam at school) so don't have a machine although that threading of elastic sounded feasible.

Thanks for those belt recommendations, have ordered one from amazon to see how it goes, they certainly look nice and flat and being elasticated should help.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: