Talk

Advanced search

I can’t wear jeans

(11 Posts)
Beachcountrysidetown Thu 12-Oct-17 13:04:26

That’s it - jeans look rubbish on me. Skinny make my thighs look huge and my ankles look like a child’s. Boyfriend are too low ans my stomach hangs over. Mom jeans make me look like a farmer.
PLEASE there must be other people who can’t wear jeans??!!

SansaClegane Thu 12-Oct-17 13:12:28

Have you tried straight cut? Bit like skinny but not so clingy so they will balance out your legs a bit. I'm also a convert to fitted flares - wasn't sure at first but when I wear them with heels I look like my legs are 5 foot long and slim!grin

howrudeforme Thu 12-Oct-17 13:13:24

Of course you can wear jeans, you just don't like how you look in them.

I've put shed loads of weight on but I still go for skinny or ski with a smart top to dress them up a bit. Don't wear with trainers - get some good converse/similar sneaker.

I'm sure you look fine!

hollygolipo Thu 12-Oct-17 13:13:29

Try a high waisted bootleg - dark denim and a bit of stretch.

Beachcountrysidetown Thu 12-Oct-17 13:14:46

Straigh cut again like a mom jean make me look too scruffy and make me look like I have huge hips!! I’m a size 10 btw

Beachcountrysidetown Thu 12-Oct-17 13:51:29

They either look awful or they are so uncomfortable! I’m a curvy size 10 - honestly I’ve tried every pair of jeans there is!

imjessie Thu 12-Oct-17 15:58:47

I’m a curvy size 10’and wear skinny jeans . I think I look ok . I’m never going to have slim long legs so just wear what I want !.. do you have a flat stomach ? I can’t see why you wouldn’t look good in jeans tbh .

Miracle33 Thu 12-Oct-17 16:03:02

i cant wear jeans although I got fed up after 7 years of not wearing any and got a couple from Next a few weeks ago. Bootcut, slim and lift, pear shape/thick calves/big thighs here.. but I struggle to find any casual trousers for everyday too. frustrating isn't it.

magpiemischief Thu 12-Oct-17 16:10:29

I think you probably look fine in jeans and a jumper or shirt. The tucked in or extra fitted look is obviously harder to pull off and the fit of the jeans has to be exactly right. I like Debenhams jeggings. Not overly skinny, nice, stretchy and comfortable. Come in a variety of colours too.

Want2beme Thu 12-Oct-17 16:16:48

I was going to suggest straight. I wear mostly straight and find them a better fit, but I like them long not above the ankle version. Maybe it's how you're styling them? What kind of look do you go for? I have to wear longish tops with mine because I have a bit of a lower tummy and saddles bags! What's the worst aspect about jeans for you?

TollgateDebs Thu 12-Oct-17 16:18:33

Have you tried men's jeans / trousers? Worth trying, as often they can suit those who struggle with women's fit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now