Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Dress over jeans - is that look really back?

(11 Posts)
Mumsnut Thu 12-Oct-17 12:09:39

Last saw it on Trinny and Susannah aeons ago.

Maudlinmaud Thu 12-Oct-17 12:16:55

Trinny still does this, not jeans but trousers.
I loved the look but wouldn't do it now. Plus it was more of a summer time thing for me.

DuckOffAutocorrectYouShiv Thu 12-Oct-17 12:21:20

How can a dress over trousers be a summer thing? Don’t you bake under the layers?!

Maudlinmaud Thu 12-Oct-17 12:27:05

No. Our summers are more like autumn. Obviously when we got a day over 16 degrees I didn't do it grin
I used to wear white wode leg trousers under a dress. Thinking back it probably wasn't my best fashion moment.
Where have you seen this making a come back?

Mumsnut Thu 12-Oct-17 15:06:27

Mainly Pinterest, Maud, and a blog but I can't remember which ...

Niminy Thu 12-Oct-17 15:34:59

Report here that dresses over denim 'seen in abundance' at London Fashion Week. As this look has never gone away for me I'm very pleased.

MeadowHay Thu 12-Oct-17 19:27:46

Just popping in to say that lots of Muslim women do this in particular (whether or not they cover their hair) so I think it's becoming a more common sight in general. My mam does it all the time when she's dressing up a bit for something.

HarrietSchulenberg Thu 12-Oct-17 19:40:59

It went away? Ssssh, my wardrobe doesn't that. I've worn dresses over jeans and trousers for years.

ShimmeringIce Thu 12-Oct-17 19:49:18

Just got a Joe Browns catalogue and they're selling trouser-skirt combo things.. but everything in there looks a bit 2000-ish to me. Too recent to be revisited! still coming to terms with young people wearing my Vans

neveradullmoment99 Thu 12-Oct-17 23:21:27

I like a dress over leggings or skinnies but some of the combos on that link are truly hiddeous.

Breadwithgarlicon Thu 12-Oct-17 23:23:59

I also didn't know it had gone away. Quite pleased - I'm not often on trend! grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: