Talk

Advanced search

Comfortable but still stylish/attractive footwear for long dog walks

(54 Posts)
WhatTimeIsItCuckoo Thu 12-Oct-17 11:47:07

Is there such a thing?? I'm looking for recommendations as my feet are very sore and blistered today from doing a long walk in my Converse yesterday - TIA!

Isthatwhatdemonsdo Thu 12-Oct-17 12:36:37

Either a decent pair of walking boots, or a pair of country boots.

WhatTimeIsItCuckoo Thu 12-Oct-17 12:50:13

Do you have a link or website I could have a look at Isthat? Not seen much that takes my fancy so far and as I'm usually going somewhere before and/or after I'm looking for something that will still look decent as normal footwear IYSWIM?

Queenofthedrivensnow Thu 12-Oct-17 12:53:05

Signing in as wellies hurt my feet

blueskyinmarch Thu 12-Oct-17 12:55:18

I eschew style for comfort with my dog walking footwear. At the grand old age of 55 i no longer care. I have waterproof Northface trainers which i mostly wear and proper leather, hiking boots for extreme weather.

WhatTimeIsItCuckoo Thu 12-Oct-17 13:02:43

Yes same here Queen!

Iliketurtles Thu 12-Oct-17 13:12:28

Fitflop boots. Brilliant and comfortable smile

Isthatwhatdemonsdo Thu 12-Oct-17 14:17:41

Robinsonsequestrian.co.uk
Where I got mine now £78.50.
Sorry no clicky link.

teta Thu 12-Oct-17 15:04:21

Fitflop leather sneakers are very soft and padded and yes - fitflop boots in winter.

CoffeeCupCake Thu 12-Oct-17 16:17:08

I don’t have a dog but do loads of walking and love my Timberlands.

Queenofthedrivensnow Thu 12-Oct-17 16:19:34

Fitflop link please!

I have leather, waterproof, Ugg Lavelle ankle boots for doggy walking. Comfy and warm due to the lining and durable

Jaimx86 Thu 12-Oct-17 16:24:13

I love the Isle Jacobsen boots www.brandoutlet.com/womens/brands/ilse-jacobsen.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwpfzOBRA5EiwAU0ccNxdb6Mq3yXdhJIyyqqPv9siJa49m8VDh9u6PwqNSyRyyObA3Er14CBoCg6cQAvD_BwE&p=2

Iliketurtles Thu 12-Oct-17 16:53:25

https://www.fitflop.com/uk/en/shop/womens-view-all-uk/mukluk-shorty-ii-in-suede-p-B96-047

Can also vouch for their loafers. Super comfy

https://www.fitflop.com/uk/en/shop/womens-view-all-uk/superskate-velvet-loafers-p-J74-399

rightknockered Thu 12-Oct-17 17:09:37

Don't bother looking stylish when walking my dog. I just wear walking/trekking boots, as do other dog walkers where I live.

rightknockered Thu 12-Oct-17 17:10:16

my dog is properly mucky though

WhatTimeIsItCuckoo Thu 12-Oct-17 17:38:06

Some great ideas here, thanks all! Will have a proper look as soon as I can smile

Catinthecorner Fri 13-Oct-17 00:57:10

Summer: trainers
Winter: tall snow boots (it gets bloody cold here)
Everything else: hiking boots.

It’s not stylish, but it’s practical and it goes with my not stylish but practical waterproof/big coat options

50ShadesOfEarlGrey Fri 13-Oct-17 01:46:50

Waterproof Emu boots. Warm, dry, comfortable. No socks, no blisters. Walking through acres of moorland type terrain every day, all weathers and they are now a little tatty but into the fourth year, still completely water resistant and still as comfortable.
Make sure you get a waterproof not water resistant style and you may need to go up a size.

coffeekittens Fri 13-Oct-17 07:10:21

Timberland boots!

I've attached a pic of mine that I have but in grey smile amazing, comfortable, dry, warm AND stylish!

Silverstreaks Fri 13-Oct-17 09:11:07

If you're pavement walking a nice bouncy sole like Docs or Fly London will treat your feet. I've never had blisters from Fly, Doc's will take some breaking in.
For off roading tall waterproof country boots/leather wellies are warm and comfortable or check out equestrian short boots, yard boots rather than dress boots. They will last ages with proper care.

tweedles1511 Fri 13-Oct-17 14:02:56

Living in Vejas at the moment. LOVE THEM.

WhatTimeIsItCuckoo Fri 13-Oct-17 14:33:16

Oh I like the look of those tweedles especially the graphite ones, only thing is I walk through woods a lot so my footwear often gets pretty muddy, I suppose I need some that are easy to clean, ideally washable really. Some good suggestions on here so far, thanks everyone! smile

WhatTimeIsItCuckoo Fri 13-Oct-17 14:36:16

Yes a good coat is another thing I could do with some suggestions on Cat - is it obvious I'm a fairly recent dog owner? grin

FatBastardHead Fri 13-Oct-17 14:40:51

I have these in black

They are really durable and comfy.

They're lovely and warm in the winter but they're breathable so I actually wear them in Autumn and Spring too.

And they're half price ATM grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now