Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Socklet things (don't know what they're called)

(24 Posts)
Undercoverbanana Thu 12-Oct-17 08:16:37

You know those small socks that you wear that are small enough that you can't see them inside shoes?

I have the most aggravating first world problem with them. They always slip off!

Does anyone know of any that fit and stay on securely? Mine are from Primark and are nice and comfortable but just don't stay in place.

kittydetective Thu 12-Oct-17 08:19:42

Trainer socks?

Undercoverbanana Thu 12-Oct-17 08:21:42

Trainer socks are great for trainers but the socks I mean are smaller - they just cover your toes and up the back of your heel so they can't be seen in shoes.

BriocheBriocheBrioche Thu 12-Oct-17 08:23:24

Same happens to me, or they rub when my shoes move and give me blisters!
I find the lace ones from Primark a bit better at staying on.

peppykoala Thu 12-Oct-17 08:27:26

Do the ones you have have the sticky plastic bit at the back for grip? If not, ones with that should stay on better! TK Maxx seem to have loads of them and all the ones I've tried from there have generally stayed put.

imjessie Thu 12-Oct-17 08:51:02

Primark do some great ones , they are very thin but stay put . They are thinner than trainer socks and work better for shoes in my opinion .

Aquiver Thu 12-Oct-17 09:08:59

I think I know what you mean - but I’ve always called them footsies or pop socks!

They are thinner and more delicate than trainer socks, and do not ‘show’ when I’m wearing shoes. I tend to wear them with ballet shoe styles.

I buy mine from M&S where a multi pack of 3 pairs is around £5.

DefinitelyOdd Thu 12-Oct-17 09:11:08

H and M do some with a little sticky bit to keep them on the back of your ankle. The sticky bit lasts after a good few washes as well.

Fekko Thu 12-Oct-17 09:13:44

Socks or tights? I got m&s tight Ines and they have a little sticky tab on the heel. I also have sport socks but they have tiny bloody pom-poms on the heel- but they don't slip down!

Caulkheadupnorf Thu 12-Oct-17 09:16:35

I think in primark they’re a bit of “you get what you pay for”. M&S and boots do some good ones.

Gingernaut Thu 12-Oct-17 09:16:41

Footsies.

Bluesheep8 Thu 12-Oct-17 09:24:14

Another vote for Primark, they are more thin socks than tights and come in a pack of 4 or 5

NC4now Thu 12-Oct-17 09:26:38

They always come too high up my feet and show round my shoes confused

zippyswife Thu 12-Oct-17 13:36:18

Don’t bother with the H&M ones. They don’t stay up and the plastic bit is really annoying.

mrsvilliers2 Thu 12-Oct-17 13:58:05

Boots stock some from Totes, like footsies but proper 'sock' material and with a grip on the inside heel that means they stay put.

frenchfancy17 Thu 12-Oct-17 14:04:20

Get the lace ones with rubber on the heel.

Primark or tk maxx do them.

macnab Thu 12-Oct-17 16:48:22

Without a doubt the best and cheapest are the ones from Primark. They are the sports ones though, they're like a mesh fabric (apart from the toe and heel bits) and look teeny tiny until you stretch them over your feet! They come in a pack of 3. They are soft and comfy and do not move until you take them off. I have stocked up on several in case they change them in any way or discontinue them!

macnab Thu 12-Oct-17 16:50:17

Meant to add, there is no plastic or sticky bit on the heel they're just super stretchy. I wear them with converse, skechers and you can't see them at all. Also wear them with ankle boots if I'm wearing skinny jeans so you can't see them either.

macnab Thu 12-Oct-17 18:28:44

These are the ones <over-invested in this thread>

Undercoverbanana Thu 12-Oct-17 18:58:56

Macnab - who knew socks could be so interesting!

I think I need them a bit smaller but they are always "one size". I am a 5 but very narrow footed. Perhaps I just don't fill them enough. Perhaps I should eat more cake.

mrsvilliers2 Thu 12-Oct-17 19:15:23

I like the look of those, I will check Primark out soon! OP I really recommend the Totes ones, they are cut lower on the front than the Primark ones so good for shoes or shoeboots. I am size 3.5 with narrow feet and there is only a little extra at the back which doesn't cause any issues with slippage.

macnab I am also possibly overinvested but it's such a revelation when you find ones that work for you!

Undercoverbanana Thu 12-Oct-17 19:16:56

We are all thrill seekers here!

sproutoclock Thu 12-Oct-17 20:08:36

Don't choose JL version, they fall down before you shoe is even on.

CointreauVersial Thu 12-Oct-17 20:13:19

I'd call them footsies.

I think it must have something to do with the shape of one's feet - I have several pairs, from Next, M&S, Primark etc. and have never had a single one slip off. But I'm always seeing threads like this.

That said, the Primark ones are very good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now