Talk

Advanced search

Taking up black trousers/jeans

(7 Posts)
Pastacube Wed 11-Oct-17 21:15:45

Is this an easy job? they're lovely jeans but about 34 inches long, the material is really lovely (they're Jaegar trousers) and I don't want to mess them up. Is it an easy job or should I take them to the local alteration company. thank you

chipsandpeas Wed 11-Oct-17 21:16:39

wonderweb, its amazing you just iron it on
i managed it and i usually arse stuff like this up

Pastacube Wed 11-Oct-17 21:18:10

omg forgot all about that! :D

CountFosco Thu 12-Oct-17 06:15:59

I always pay someone to do alterations. For a pair of trousers to be taken up would be about £10. Get it done much quicker than I'd so it myself.

Highlove Thu 12-Oct-17 06:54:37

I'm a reasonably competent sewer and I wouldn't contemplate taking up a pair of Jaegar trousers - definitely take them to a professional. It won't cost much and you'd be gutted if you ruined then.

mrsvilliers2 Thu 12-Oct-17 10:41:10

I'd pay the £10 for nice trousers. WonderWeb is OK but you get a better finish with proper alteration.

fancyKnickers Thu 12-Oct-17 11:58:44

Not sure if I'd do it myself for posh trousers but I've taken up trousers myself using a sewing machine with a "blind hem foot". It works well when you get your head around it. I watched a couple of YouTube videos on it before attempting it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now