Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Cheap, cheerful and the most flattering skirt I think I've ever had!

(11 Posts)
Wilburissomepig Wed 11-Oct-17 18:55:20

www.matalan.co.uk/product/detail/s2666070_c47q/check-pencil-skirt-black

Wanted some comfortable, cheap bits for work and found this skirt in Matalan (yes I know it's not designed grin). It's a pull on skirt and genuinely the most flattering skirt I think I've ever had. Wore it today with a black fine knit sweater, chunky silver bangle and wedges. Never had so many compliments - go buy it!

Wilburissomepig Wed 11-Oct-17 18:56:48

*designer

EnglishGirlApproximately Wed 11-Oct-17 19:00:07

Ooh I'm need of comfy office wear and on a tight budget so I'll take a look. What size are you op? I'm a 16 but look ok in tube skirts so I'm hoping this might be ok.

flibbertigibbety Wed 11-Oct-17 19:01:49

Ooh pretty!
On a slightly different note, where did you find a nice fine knit black sweater? I’ve been looking everywhere for a v neck one and everything is just a weird shape! Zara and H&M used to be my go to for stuff like that but have failed me recently...

Wilburissomepig Wed 11-Oct-17 19:02:45

I'm a 12/14 and the 12 is a perfect fit. I'm so pleased, I always seem to end up in a uniform of black trousers/top so I don't even know why I picked it up. Really soft and comfy!

Wilburissomepig Wed 11-Oct-17 19:05:49

I already had the sweater flibber it's a Mint Velvet one from last year. I'm so disappointed with H & M knitwear this year, I usually get a couple of things from there but there's nothing half decent in there this year.

dantdmistedious Wed 11-Oct-17 19:09:06

There’s over 100 people looking at prophet now and I can’t check it out as the website has got stuck!!

misscockerspaniel Wed 11-Oct-17 19:09:45

I just clicked on your link and a caption said that 100+ people were looking at the skirt at the same time. How many of those were MNetters grin

Wilburissomepig Wed 11-Oct-17 19:35:59

Ha ha spaniel, I wouldn't mind betting 95% of them. grin

I8toys Fri 13-Oct-17 18:34:09

My skirt came today - love it. Great length and feels really comfy.

Wilburissomepig Fri 13-Oct-17 18:36:48

Glad you like it toys, it's so flattering isn't it. I'm just waiting for the animal print one to arrive now!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: