Talk

Advanced search

Why are Chloe Paddington bags so cheap on EBay?

(10 Posts)
LaurieFairyCake Wed 11-Oct-17 16:57:22

I must be missing something confused All the other designer bags are much more expensive on EBay - originally they cost £500 plus?

The ones that say they are genuine are going for 50/60 quid.

PNGirl Wed 11-Oct-17 16:58:30

They are very dated. You can get Mulberry Emmys which are of the same era for around £50.

LaurieFairyCake Wed 11-Oct-17 17:04:27

You’re right! Just searched Emmys. They look ‘squarer’ than the Paddington, I like the slouchiness of the Chloe one.

I fear I’m about to look datedgrin

PNGirl Wed 11-Oct-17 20:14:40

Sorry if I wasn't clear; wasn't a suggestion of an alternative, just another example of a bag from the mid 2000s that cost £600 new that hasn't kept its value.

MamaOfTwos Wed 11-Oct-17 20:30:44

As someone who trades in designer handbags- just because they say 'genuine' doesn't mean a thing!!

Paintbox Wed 11-Oct-17 20:44:54

I hadn't no idea what these bags looked like but just googled them and I agree, they are very dated indeed. Just goes to show that expensive designer bags aren't always worth it, although I'm sure some are

EarlGreyT Wed 11-Oct-17 20:45:08

I was also going to say that loads of them will be fake. With any kind of designer bag (or designer anything for that matter) on eBay you need to know exactly what to look for as there are loads of counterfeits on there.

HaHaHmm Wed 11-Oct-17 21:02:22

Gosh, that's a blast from the past. A quick eBay search would suggest that Mulberry Roxies have held their value much more reliably, which is interesting as in my head they are both synonymous with 2005/6.

The Paddington is unbelievably heavy because of that bloody padlock. A friend of mine seriously fucked up her shoulder by carrying an overstuffed Paddington for months.

pasturesgreen Wed 11-Oct-17 21:28:31

Beware of fakes, the Paddington was very widely copied.

LaurieFairyCake Wed 11-Oct-17 22:54:12

I will absolutely be checking when it comes if it’s fake or not - if it is I will be sending it back even though I only paid 30 quid for it (I don’t buy fakes)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now