Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Help please - are these nice? And how to wear them.

(20 Posts)
GatherlyGal Wed 11-Oct-17 15:47:50

So I bought these. I was wavering about whether to keep when DH asked who the geographer teacher was and why they left their shoes here.

Sorry to stylish geography teachers everywhere.

So, anyway, are they nice? If they are what do I wear with? straight leg jeans rolled up a bit look ok but what else?

Thanks

Lottapianos Wed 11-Oct-17 15:50:10

They're lovely. No idea what your DH means with the geography teacher comment.

I would wear them with jeans, or smart trousers, or with a midi length pencil skirt and tights. With almost anything (from my wardrobe) really

Fairylea Wed 11-Oct-17 15:52:44

I’d wear them with dark blue skinny jeans and a long wooly jumper down to my hips with a shearling biker style jacket grin

Cocolepew Wed 11-Oct-17 15:53:11

They're lovely, look like leather Converese. Im partial to ankle grazers and high tops.

Dustbunny1900 Wed 11-Oct-17 16:11:44

HA @ geography teacher grin
But no, I hunk they're cute, I love shoes like that. Love wearing high tops with skinny jeans..I'm especially partial to wearing slouchy leg warmer over them with my skinny jeans or leggings/tights.

RatherBeRiding Wed 11-Oct-17 16:14:02

I've got something very similar and I wear with skinny jeans/leggings and tunic type tops (I'm in my 60s)

Branleuse Wed 11-Oct-17 16:15:08

i like them

GatherlyGal Wed 11-Oct-17 16:54:16

Fabulous. I am going to keep them. Some good ideas there.

Legwarmers Dustbunny? Not sure I even know where to get legwarmers!

Thanks for the tips

Civilservant Wed 11-Oct-17 16:55:54

Don’t like them!

Lottapianos Wed 11-Oct-17 16:57:06

Leg warmers! I love it! I need legwarmers grin I have the coldest feet in the world so this sounds marvellous. Where do you get yours from?

Footle Wed 11-Oct-17 17:10:30

Knit your own?

Lottapianos Wed 11-Oct-17 18:46:23

Um, no grin

Farontothemaddingcrowd Wed 11-Oct-17 18:47:44

I really like them. Relaxed, casual and comfy looking.

RhonaRugMuncherr Wed 11-Oct-17 18:48:10

I like them but DP regularly mocks my 'country mum/granny' look he thinks I have wink

CallarMorvern Wed 11-Oct-17 20:03:57

Would be interested to see what your husband thinks is trendy OP?😁 I like them ( a lot!), would wear them with rolled up skinnies, or denim minis with thick tights.

polyhymnia Wed 11-Oct-17 22:14:55

Like them . I see they're Ecco but they remind me of Ash Virgins which I have. Slightly prefer Ash personally as they seem to fit my feet, but those will definitely look good with all the things mentioned.

Dustbunny1900 Thu 12-Oct-17 01:30:34

Yeah, I know they used to be a bit 80s (leg warmers) but I love wearing them in the fall with leggings/skinny jeans/tights all slouchy and comfy. I knit mine, or I can get them at practically any clothes store, or footwear shop. I have different all different lengths too. I'd like to try knee socks but I'm afraid they'd look too school-girl ?

Snog Thu 12-Oct-17 06:45:10

I bought them too and now think they were a mistake. What you can’t see in the photo is that they have a dip/notch at the back of the ankle that I find weird.
They are really really comfy but I just don’t like them. I’m also not keen on the colour as they are a metallic grey and I would find a normal grey easier to style.
With the skinnies and roll up look what do you do with your socks?

Onecall Thu 12-Oct-17 06:55:04

Not keen, maybe it's the colour.

GatherlyGal Thu 12-Oct-17 09:33:30

Well I'm wearing them today and so far so good. I like the notch at the back Snog I think it makes them easier to move in. Also they are a greeny sludgy colour which seems to go with lots of things.

I like footsie socks and I seem to have loads that I can't wear with trainers having been told by Mumsnet it's a MAJOR style sin to have visible socks when wearing trainers. So the socks get worn too. Win win.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: