Talk

Advanced search

Help me: dress/skirt creep - is a slip the only solution?

(7 Posts)
FiddleFigs Wed 11-Oct-17 09:51:11

I've remembered why I don't wear skirts/dresses in the winter. I got to work to find that my dress had crept up my tights, and worked its way into a nice donut of fabric around my bum. I had a knee length trench coat on, so this was hidden from public view.

I see loads of women wearing skirts/dresses with tights and coats. This can't happen to everyone. Or does it? Or does everyone wear a slip?

nothingwittyhere Wed 11-Oct-17 10:26:28

I wear a slip, or rather a cullotte slip from M&S. Means I can wear a jersey tube skirt with opaque tights and everything stays where it should. It also provides a bit of protection from the elements. (With the cullotte slip it also prevents chub rub.)

WoodliceAreIdiots Wed 11-Oct-17 18:29:03

I wear dresses and skirts all year round and I always wear a slip ( or petticoat as I like to call them still!). I think absolutely you do need a slip!

Gah81 Wed 11-Oct-17 18:34:59

I am a recent slip convert for this. You can get some gorgeous vintage ones off etsy!

CalmanOnSpeeddial Wed 11-Oct-17 18:39:48

I wear a slip. Also gives a smoother outline on unlined dresses. I have one black and one nude, mid thigh length.
M&S

Honestly, give them a try. They’re a godsend.

ceeveebee Wed 11-Oct-17 18:43:43

I seem to remember that if you spray hairspray on your tights it stops the creep!!

Lexilooo Wed 11-Oct-17 18:45:30

Unless your skirt is lined you need a slip/petticoat/underskirt.

Try a few, half slips and full slips you see what works best. You might need a couple of lengths too.

A full slip is great under a wrap dress as they give a smooth outline and keep the cleavage decent

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now