Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Collagen supplements

(16 Posts)
MariaWaria Tue 10-Oct-17 18:10:14

Anyone tried them and found they improved skin ie made it look better / / plumper / less wrinkly?

MariaWaria Tue 10-Oct-17 20:37:25

Anyone? sad

FinallyDecidedOnUserName Tue 10-Oct-17 20:39:25

I did & no one noticed 😭

goodbeans Tue 10-Oct-17 21:02:38

Yes, I’d been wondering this too... it’s a big investment for at least a few months until you can see how it’s working! Watching with interest.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Tue 10-Oct-17 21:07:26

Won a 10 day supply of the collagen gold drinks, which I was pleased about, as they would have been ££ to try otherwise. I know 10 days isn't a long time, in the grand scheme, but can't say I noticed any difference tbh. For me, not worth the major investment of a longer course.

Ilovesliz Tue 10-Oct-17 21:09:42

Can't you just eat a steak?

Lanaa Tue 10-Oct-17 21:10:40

I swear by them. They make me look brighter, more youthful and my skin is plumped. Don't get the shite in H&B though. The best I've found is by a company called Olimp Labs. My notoriously skeptical DP is a convert too.

FinallyDecidedOnUserName Wed 11-Oct-17 06:56:25

Post a link laana

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 11-Oct-17 09:49:13

Collagen is just protein though. A chicken breast is collagen or a piece of fish.

Whatever form of protein you ingest the body will break them down into amino acids & use them as it pleases.

If it decides to make a blood cell out of them or patch a ligament up you can't stop it.

JustGettingStarted Wed 29-Aug-18 19:10:58

Hello zombie thread!

I started taking a collagen peptide powder supplement a month ago and I am certain that I am seeing a difference, especially around my eyes.

I just bought a highly-rated, reasonably-priced powder off amazon. I have been taking two heaping teaspoons a day mixed into a beverage (usually a protein shake but sometimes a glass of milk).

Loonoon Thu 30-Aug-18 10:34:20

I’ve been taking these from Amazon since April. I’ve seen a big improvement in my skin texture and tautness.

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0756ZB9NS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?psc=1&tag=mumsnetforum-21&ie=UTF8

ChardonnaysPrettySister Thu 30-Aug-18 10:37:24

I'm not spending money on that.

Get some jelly cubes, snack on those, and Bob's your uncle.

murphys Thu 30-Aug-18 11:35:38

I'm not in UK so not sure you get this particular brand there, but I did buy a course of those collagen drinks, I think it was a two week course. I cant say I saw a huge difference in that time.

But then I found a supplement which is collagen and omegas, i thought the omegas would help my ibs and the collagen part was just a bonus. Well within 2 weeks I did notice a difference. Not just my skin which did seem clear and and the wft lines didnt seem so deep, but my nails and hair is where I noticed the most difference.

So I just keep taking them, as it could be the omegas, but also could be the collagen factor.

here

Linked so you can see, like I say not sure if you get this brand.

FabulousTomatoes Thu 30-Aug-18 12:39:59

I can’t lost a link as it keeps going into the Amazon ap, but I’ve been taking these for over two years now. I’ve no idea if they work because I also take vit E and a Multivit for my skin plus I have a rigorous skincare routine, however my skin is looking pretty good for its age. I take just one per day and a pot lasts six months.

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 30-Aug-18 14:48:41

Snake oil with a serving of cod science grin

JustGettingStarted Thu 30-Aug-18 15:59:45

A couple of studies have found that ingesting collagen increases the amount of collagen in the skin. It may be that the body detects these amino acids in the blood stream, which is read as an injury/breakdown and triggers the production of more collagen.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: