Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

M&S makeup 'made by Chanel' - hmmm...

(15 Posts)
OpheIiaBaIIs Tue 10-Oct-17 18:01:47

I was in today to pick up a few bits and while I was there bought an Autograph nail polish. When I went to pay, the assistant said 'It's meant to be a secret, but all the Autograph makeup is made by Chanel you know'.

Now, some of it is lovely - especially the nail polishes, they are practically bomb-proof - but Chanel? Really? I call bullshit. Unless anyone who knows better can set me straight...

WitchesHatRim Tue 10-Oct-17 18:03:56

Could very well be.

Lots if labels from clothes to foods, make cheaper options too.

TheQueenOfWands Tue 10-Oct-17 18:03:56

Not much of a secret if the staff are telling people when they buy it.

pomadas87 Tue 10-Oct-17 18:05:14

Hmm maybe she meant made in the same factory? I thought Bourgeois was made in same factory as Chanel too...? I have nothing to base this on, I think someone told me once...

DollyPartonsBeard Tue 10-Oct-17 18:09:32

I heard it was Clarins hmm

DonkeyOaty Tue 10-Oct-17 18:10:26

yy I thought Clarins, too.

Whitney168 Tue 10-Oct-17 18:10:56

If the nail polish is bombproof, it's certainly not made by Chanel ... every Chanel nail polish I've had has been bloody useless.

OpheIiaBaIIs Tue 10-Oct-17 18:12:18

pomadas87 I heard that Bourjois, Miss Sporty and Chanel were all made in Coty factories? Could be wrong though.

That's what I thought, Queen!

Witches the label does say 'Made in France's... Am I going to have to eat my words?!

Puffpaw Tue 10-Oct-17 18:12:26

Agree Chanel nail varnish chips like nothing else, it's crap.

OpheIiaBaIIs Tue 10-Oct-17 18:14:11

Funnily enough, I stopped buying Chanel nail polish years ago because it never seemed to last - I thought it was something I was doing wrong. My Clarins ones, however, last a week without chipping, even without a top coat...

AdoraBell Tue 10-Oct-17 18:16:41

Bigger brands do make products for stores, just like food brands do, but that doesn’t mean it’s the same as the products sold under their own labels.

So, yep it could be made in the same factory etc as Chanel, but it might well have different ingredients as well as different packaging.

TheGreaterGoodTheGreaterGood Tue 10-Oct-17 18:34:10

Last time I looked at M&S nail polish, I thought the bottles are pretty much identical to Chanel.

Agree that Chanel polish chips the minute you do anything other than languish attractively though.

TheQueenOfWands Tue 10-Oct-17 19:03:27

I wear Rimmel 60 seconds nail polish then Rimmel top coat and it doesn't chip.

I do it every fortnight, only because it's grown out and makes my cuticles look untidy.

ZaraW Tue 10-Oct-17 19:07:36

I love Autograph makeup the quality is really good. I've been wearing it for a few years now and it's part of the Leaping Bunny Programme.

AdoraBell Tue 10-Oct-17 22:23:54

Oddly, my Rimmel chips and I’ve never had a problem with Chanel confused Haven’t tried the M&S ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now