Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Yellowed teeth

(4 Posts)
Stressmess Tue 10-Oct-17 07:38:00

I don't think I have ever had white teeth but I have just felt recently that they have started to look very yellow. I brush my teeth twice a day with an electric toothbrush and use a whitening toothpaste and have starting using a whitening accelerator. My teeth feel clean but don't seem to be getting any whiter.

I do like a tea and a coffee which I know isn't great for your teeth. I have had them professionally whitened in the dentists, the one hour treatment a few times and while I felt that this has helped seems to fade quickly.

I am feeling self conscious when talking to people. I notice their teeth. My sil opens her mouth to a mouthful of white teeth and talking to other mums at the school they seem to have lovely white teeth too. Any tips on what I should do? Thanks.

Crispsheets Tue 10-Oct-17 07:43:11

I get mine done at the hygienist...did you have the trays to use afterwards? You need to keep it up at home.

BulletFox Tue 10-Oct-17 08:00:04

You're probably magnifying it in your mind, what does your hygienist say?

White tea is very good for oral hygiene but it may just be that your teeth are naturally just off white and nothing wrong with that. Do you drink acidic drinks?

pandorawithtreaclecolouredhair Wed 11-Oct-17 08:38:12

I am currently using Boutique whitening treatment ( customised mouth trays fitted by dentist), and I'm really pleased with the results.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: